Changes to Relic Crystal Summon Scroll
● Changed the way summoning works with the Ancient Relic Crystal Summon Scroll.
|Party leader uses the scroll at the designated location to summon monsters.
Party leader gets loot and quest reward.
Party members get loot.
|Go to the designated spawn location to interact with the Faded Ancient Relic and use the UI to summon.
The party leader puts in the number of scrolls according to the stage the party wishes to attempt.
The rest of the party member put in the same number of scrolls.
The party leader and members all get their rewards as loot.
* The summon scrolls can still be used in the old method!
* The summon scrolls can still be used in the old method where the party leader just summons the boss.
- The Faded Ancient Relic has up to five different "stages" in which monsters can be summoned. The different amount of scrolls and recommended AP per stage are as follows.
||150 AP or higher, Co-op
||190 AP or higher, Co-op
||220 AP or higher, Co-op
||240 AP or higher, Co-op
||260 AP or higher, Co-op
* The difficulty of the boss is determined by the number of scrolls used regardless of the size of your party. In other words, we strongly recommend you bring as many party members as you can.
For example, the Stage 1 boss summoned by one person registering one summon scroll versus one party of five members registering one summon scroll each will be of the same difficulty level. Therefore, bringing as many party members as you can will greatly increase the efficiency of taking down these bosses.
- Higher stages summon more powerful monsters that drop greater rewards.
- Using this revamped method of summoning these bosses has a low chance to spawn monsters who are [drawn to the Ancient Relic].
* Defeat these monsters to obtain additional loot.
The Black Desert summon scroll content, a.k.a. the "Disco Ball," was one of the better means of acquiring enhancement materials such as Memory Fragments. However, the amount of time spent waiting for the boss to appear was greater than the actual time spent taking the boss down. Thus we've thought over many ways to make the process more interesting, but felt it somewhat lacking to simply reduce the summoning time to "summon a powerful boss and obtain loot, " and thus decided to go with using a greater amount of summon scrolls to summon a mighty foe. This new method is similar to the "combine the (dagger) keys" method from Atoraxxion's "Sol Magia," where you can pick your own difficulty and potential rewards that scale up to Stage 5 (which will require 5 scrolls each). While not included in today's update, we plan to implement a similar scaling system for the scrolls obtained by combining Forbidden Books and Scrolls Written in Ancient Language as well.