Black Desert will begin in a moment.

Install the Black Desert Launcher if the game doesn't start.

Install the Black Desert Launcher to start the game.

The launcher will appear if it's installed.
If it doesn't, try to run your downloaded launcher.

Install Guide

1 Run BlackDesert_Installer_NAEU.exe to install the Black Desert launcher.

2 Start the game once installation is complete.

Forums

UTC 5 : 29 May 20, 2024
CEST 7 : 29 May 20, 2024
PDT 22 : 29 May 19, 2024
EDT 1 : 29 May 20, 2024
#Tamer
LONG LIVE TAMU
Nov 2, 2021, 09:38 (UTC)
653 2
Last Edit : Nov 2, 2021, 09:38 (UTC)
# 1

I AM FLOWINGTREE A 1 YEAR CONSOLE TAMER WHO SPENDS ALL MY TAMER TIME PRACTICING COMBOS, RBFING OR PVPING IN BA 1.

I WOULD LIKE TO PROVIDE MY OPINIONS ON THE SKILLS AS I MAY PROVIDE SOME DIFFERENT FEEDBACK COMPARED TO THOSE WHO FOLLOW THE HEARD MORE SO THAN BREAK CONVENTION. I AM AN AWAKENING ONLY TAMER AND I DON'T PVE ON MY TAMER AT ALL (I HAVE GUARDIAN/sLAHN/sNOVA/WITCH FOR THAT) I HAVE 2739 KILLS IN RBF (NOT MUCH xD) 

I AM CURRENTLY 271/275/334 KUTUM, BUT HAVE BEEN AS HIGH AS 289 AP NOUVER

THESE ARE MY OPINIONS. ALTHOUGH I MAY AGREE IN SOME CASES WITH WHAT WAS PROVIDED ON THE (Tamer Reboot - Community compilation notes.) I USED THEIR POST AS A BASELINE TO PROVIDE MY FEEDBACK

I HAVE TESTED TAMER BUFFS PERSONALLY ON GLOBAL LABS FOR 4-6 HRS (FLOWINGTR3)

Pre-Awakening; Shortsword

EVASIVE ATTACK

On console i tend to use evasive attack, streaming flow and flashing step for slight repositioning and combo chaining. because of all the flows if i can fill/reposition quickly and chain into debuff/swap with high speed

Please remove the Knockback effect(knockbacks are basically useless)

Please add a frontal guard or super armor. I prefer frontal personally or maybe even a “parry” 

VOID LIGHTING

The skill is now swift and fluid to use, Thank you.  

AIR LIGHTING

The skill is now perfect, Thank you.

BOLT/ JOLT/ EVASIVE ATTACK

Should atleast have frontal guards, it would help safely transition without  the use of y swap which at least for me on console is a pain(hotkey slots are not nearly as plentiful as on pc, a pc player can hot slot 20 skills and route buttons , a console player most likely can only hot ring menu 6 things while retaining 2 full ring menus of useful menus or combat buffs and cant adjust the buttons) i believe adding frontals at least to the initial frames of the skills would be relatively fair for opponents while adding protection and leaving the potential to be outplayed.

THROATBURN

I don't use this skill and have never sought to use it because of the button conflict.  It would be preferred if the skill input was changed so that it does not clash with Allround Spinner for Awakening Tamers.

FLASH SKILL TREE

The skill Flash, Pole Thrust skills have a good skill effect and are fine, but the Area of Effect is still small.

Stance Shift:insta lock. is ok but less useful for me because i prefer the forward movement skills and usually chain many slight movement abilities together to move more fluidly i would prefer to not move back to a spot im most likely trying to run away from. If pole thrust had a knockdown I would consider using it.

SHARPENING CLAWS

Because I lock stance shift(see above) I cant use sharpening claws, a useful ability. why not just put the bleed on all levels of flash  and have its timer reset if hit again.

FEARFUL TREMBLING

Please speed up animation 10-20% i don't mind it being grab bait but being locked in place for so long generally gets me grabbed so i must be very careful when using it. My only decently large aoe besides roaring and resonance.

WHIPLASH/LIGHTNING OF EARTH

I don't use it because I prefer the constant capability of swapping and I don't ever want to get trapped in pre awakening by using RT frivolously.  Seems like decent damage and filler though.

TREE CLIMB/TREE BOUND/ HIDDEN CLAW/ GEYSER

Tree climb should not be auto lock on on console

Tree bound should automatically fire on hit unless you are holding geyser.

Tree bound should have a stiffness or bound on impact (i literally just flipped into them and caught them) realistically the only combo off of this is (TC>TB>GRAB) if you don't odds are you die at the TB because you just cced yourself while touching the opponent whos not cced at all(only scratch has a stiffness). To survive you would have had to miss the attack to get the lingering iframe or scratch before you touched them. 

Geyser Mediocre (flipping back with no protection is lame, SA would be good here or if flipping back into geyser pls give frontal the whole time.)

Hidden Claw Best. gives options for early exit and and side exit which with the new changes to camera movement allow for high speed canceling and tracking of opponent for grabs and such in those close quarters combat situations. Like instead of TC>TB>GRAB I CAN WW>LBP>TC>SCRATCH>GRAB

WW EVASION

Tamer ww needs a little love on console. (^+LT, ^+^, ^+LT+LT) are good, BUT NOT 1 BUTTON GOOD

Hot keys have a delay and current input methods are mediocre. Combine this with the ability to see protections in ba and it becomes very easy to range down a tamer who tries to defend themselves with WW

WW Evasion is our easiest method for dodging incoming burst damage at a moments notice and can be chained into scratch for even more protective potential.

ROARING

Cancel is nice but I struggle to find skill points or a use for this skill. Skill has improved despite my lack of will to use it.

*TAMER LOW KICK* 

I mostly want this for aesthetic reasons but how come I have so many high kicks? i can spin jump kick, liu kang kick, kick someone off their feet. I cant trip them low kick style, bicycle kick or pat barry leg kick like you would assume someone this talented at martial arts would be capable of.

Awakening; Bo Staff

BEAST RAMPAGE

The increased Area of Effect is good. BEST SKILL IN WHOLE KIT 

CLOUD STOMPING

Streamlining is great

Skill should be frontal guard while loading up and iframe while in the air.

If not iframe it should at the very least be able to avoid all ground based non projectile/magic attacks.

Please add back the Invincibility effect for the Cloud Ride portion of the Cloud Stomping skill, to match such movement of other classes (eg. Guardian, Corsair). This may sound like a dramatic change, however Tamer is a pure melee class unlike the aforementioned classes that lacks a solid disengage - making Large Scale PvP unplayable without such.

FLOW FULL MOON

Full moon should be quick slotable and potentially have a flow from beast rampage and a couple beast dances maybe even echo pierce. With the changes to full moon in global labs I feel the new way to poke/fish safely will be core moonlight into full moon. Which does make comboing post full moon difficult but not impossible. The flow from beast dance left was also removed, making this moonlight>full moon interaction one dimensional, combine that with the fact that we will most likely want to rampage next and it just seems a bit clunky.

HOWLING

The ability to bring Heilang back to you during this skill is a welcomed improvement, Thank you.

10 sec cooldown amazing it's no call opening but i'll take it 

CELESTIAL SLAM

Skill needs protection or else it's relegated to the finisher position in the combo chain. It's got a short cc which is mostly useless because we generally throw this skill when someone is already cced not to fish for a cc. It's got great damage but almost 0 utility, if this was protected we could use it in more places not just when intimidated or on the floor. Very good skill either way

ALLAROUND SPINNER

A slight increase in Damage for this skill would be welcomed, as Tamer does not have much protected trading Damage for Large Scale PvP. Allround Spinner does not have a CC, and has very little range - so a slight Damage increase would not be unbalanced. This would also benefit the PvE for Awakened Tamer. Second. skill is meh and I really only use it for the slightly protected movement.

FLOW : SOARING STRIKE

Meh af. it's ok but in reality I don't need another finisher. It's pretty much just another filler skill for finishing someone who's not quite dead yet. no protections roughly translates to i'm only going to use this when someones already cced. Why would I use this over celestial? Or even a full moon if that had a hotkey. 

LEGENDARY BEAST DANCE

The unification of effects for all dance types is good, the echo pierce resonance changes on global in unison with this are amazing, and add a lot of potential for new combos. I think each dance should buff a playstyle similar to the animal it represents.

HEILAND : BESERK

I still get knocked and killed would prefer an offensive effect like the lower my health the more damage buff i recieve or maybe i poison my sword and do % health damage idk something more fun than all dp+20, movement +15%, all res +30% i accept that i will never be tanky just improve my ability to outplay.

RAIN CURTAIN

The +20 DP buff requires the Tamer to hold the Blocking status without being hit for 2 seconds. Bad. Please increase the speed of getting buff even if you reduce the time it lasts by a lot.

HEILANG

I'm interested to see how new heilang will perform compared to nova minions as the recent changes make me believe he will be much less useless but i want you to know that the standard for minions is striker/succession nova 

I pray for the day my dog is feared on the same level as a striker or nova minion 

COMMANDS

Not enough hot keys to have a valid opinion about commands and skills while riding doggo

Rabam/Skill Enhancements

RESONANCE

Please increase the Area of Effect this skill to match stately dignity from succession lahn and make it 10-12 sec cooldown 

HORROR SLAM

Unpro useless gonna take resonance every time

LEGENDARY BEAST CLAW

Clunky useless ww faster and jolt stab is good

JOLT STAB

This skill is fine as it is. Thank you!

LIGHTNING BURN

Useless and b spike is good

BREATH SPIKE

This skill is fine as it is. Thank you!

Other/Passive

Increase tamer movement speed

The increase in global labs related to the maximum available travel distance and how early in a skill tree you reach max distance were good. I feel like it will help. 

If you could LBP and WW back to back it would help us keep up a bit better. our movement is very bursty and good but it would help if we could retain the overall pace a bit longer.

Flurry of kicks should be a bound (explained above in tree climb)

Overall the Skill tree streamline is very useful, and reduces Tamer Skill Point usage a little.

But you guys still need to reduce overall investment for many of the pre awakened skills. Why would I put 120 sp into whiplash and 47 into lightning of earth to buff RT spam..? I got 2k sp and i can't imagine farming 167 more sp just for that… Why do they have so many levels? This is true for most pre awaken skills.

- Swap the Crowd Control effect from Beast Rampage with its Core: Forward Guard effect; This means the skill can be used as a greater damage skill so that Tamers can then choose their Core more flexibly. 

The ‘Fortune’s Blessing’ is dated, and not a good passive.

- Fortune's Blessing would benefit from a Movement Speed % increase effect; The reworks are seeing other classes becoming faster, the Tamer still has problems with keeping up. A small change such as this would impact both Succession and Awakening.

Last Edit : Nov 7, 2021, 13:10 (UTC)
# 2

I see you yoinked a few things from my post, lol.
Heilang is bugged on labs as you may have seen and I think it's important that you wrote about it!

However I do not think Tree Climb should have a CC - you are asking for an iFrame engage?! If you need to cancel Tree Climb mid-air then use Air Lightning. It is now Super Armor on labs so there is no excuse for this skill to be overtuned.
Adding more kicks is going to overbloat the kit with more useless and unprotected CCs. I like your vision though as it matches the Tamer theme a lot.

I do strongly agree that console should have WW addressed as the need for a pro controller just to play a class is a stupid and unfair requirement.

15 81
Lv Private
NanoByte

Class Discussion

Discuss the classes of Black Desert here!

last
Search results will display posts in increments of 10,000.

We use cookies, with your consent, to customize content and advertising.
More information