Black Desert will begin in a moment.

Install the Black Desert Launcher if the game doesn't start.

Install the Black Desert Launcher to start the game.

The launcher will appear if it's installed.
If it doesn't, try to run your downloaded launcher.

Install Guide

1 Run BlackDesert_Installer_NAEU.exe to install the Black Desert launcher.

2 Start the game once installation is complete.

Forums

UTC 18 : 43 Dec 8, 2022
CET 19 : 43 Dec 8, 2022
PST 10 : 43 Dec 8, 2022
EST 13 : 43 Dec 8, 2022
#Suggestions
Play the way you want!
Sep 27, 2022, 08:20 (UTC)
504 27
Last Edit : Sep 27, 2022, 21:16 (UTC)
# 11
On: Sep 27, 2022, 20:02 (UTC), Written by PeaceInChaos

Not to say the PVP is perfect, but honestly, you sound like you're projecting a bit.  Guess people lke Choice, Etsu, BiceptimusPrime, Rilok, and any other content creator who PvP's are on copium too -- not to mention everyone who actually enjoys BDO PVP, which is a lot of people.

I love the PvP in this game and is quite literally one of, if not, the biggest motivating factor for me to keep playing.  Not even an exaggeration.  Personal favorite PvP combat in any MMO.  Many reasons. 

- The gear + skill needed = your effort shows in PvP when pitted against others, seeing the fruits of your time investment. 

- It's fun = best combat in any MMO.  Fast, fluid, class matchup knowledge, mastery of your class, knowing how other classes work to exploit their weaknesses, button presses make it feel almost like a fighting game (I grew up on fighting games).

- Love my class in PvP = playing Sorc for 5+ years and I absolutely love this class, even to this day.  She just feels so right.  1v1, small scale, large scale, 1vX, any scenario, she's just perfect for me.  Class just feels right, IDK what else to say.

- Commraderie = my guild and friends also enjoy PvP.  My IRL friends and I go into AoS practice mode and have fun.  My guild and I do node wars every week, I'm there every Sunday and have fun.  Even if we lose, I still have a good time.  GvG is always fun.  The drama that can occur in those GvG's or what leads up to GvG is fun.

- Always room for improvement - BDO's skill ceiling is pretty high.  Reminds me of Street Fighter in this sense.  Not only skill, but gear matters as well.  Gear + Skill = PVP success.  You absolutely need both.  Skill also means class matchup knowledge, so if you're getting blown up out of nowhere by a Drakania as a Ranger -- you're doing something wrong.  Or not paying attention.  Your situational awareness is low is my first assumption.  That's due to lack of experience.  Situational awareness comes with experience.  Ranger in my guild got 202 kills couple wars ago -- 202 kills -- he's decently geared, but no Choice in gear.  Just let that sink in with what I said.

Yes, desync sucks.  Doesn't happen to me often enough to cry about though.  FPS = DPS sucks.  For me, it isn't prevalent enough to make me cry about it either.  Non-overclocked Ryzen 1700X + GTX 1080ti + 32 GB RAM + M.2 drive.  Followed ACanadianDude's FPS guide, game runs pretty darn smooth for me, overall.  In small scale PvP, like GVG, or in 1v1's/BA/RBF, I can run Remastered and PvP with no issue.  In bigger fights like Node War, I use optimzation mode, lower effect opcaity to 30%, and run full screen at 1080P (I have a 1440 monitor) -- zero issue.  Sorc is pretty FPS reliant and I can do "Sorc things" with zero issue in Node War.  Not exarggerating.  I can dirupt base rebuilds, be a nuissance, distract people and aggro them for my team's benefit, make people chase me like idiots, I can literally be in the middle of 20 people doing Sorc things - and even if I'm not getting many kills in that 20 people - my FPS remains pretty good, little FPS drops, and it's pretty smooth for me.  Occasional frame skips, yes, but not enough to make me cry about it.

If I take my personal experience in BDO PvP and compare it to yours and your claim of "people who enjoy BDO PVP are on copium", my conclusion is that -- maybe you're just bad at PVP.  Which is fine, no offense.  Pretty sure you're just bad.  Pretty much any time PVP is discussed, you're complaining about something other than yourself.  Shifting blame to external factors, when in reality, I'm pretty darn sure it's just your lack of skill, gear, experience, or a combination.  Don't mean to be harsh, but pretty sure that's the biggest reason you don't do well in PVP.

If it's FPS drops / desync that's bothering you, I suggest ACanadianDude's FPS guide + getting fast internet + putting your game on M.2 SSD drive + getting better CPU + get more RAM + maybe overclock if you need to (I don't OC my CPU).  But don't tell me I'm on copium when I actually have fun lol.

You do you I don't consider pvp that has fleas dancing around each other  warping in and out of existence as any resemblance of fun. It has never been this bad ever in all of BDOs life as a game. There was desync with bodies moving on the ground. I would rather have that then entire characters warping every 50 feet or not showing up at all.

Copium

Last Edit : Sep 27, 2022, 22:55 (UTC)
# 12
On: Sep 27, 2022, 21:16 (UTC), Written by Easay9

You do you I don't consider pvp that has fleas dancing around each other  warping in and out of existence as any resemblance of fun. It has never been this bad ever in all of BDOs life as a game. There was desync with bodies moving on the ground. I would rather have that then entire characters warping every 50 feet or not showing up at all.

Copium

That "warping around in and out of existence" you're referring to are movement abilities = deliberate button inputs by your opponent.  Every class has movement abilities.  You're probably referring to assassin-type classes, like Ninja, Sorc, Hashashin, etc. who have movement abilities that look like blinks or fast dashes.

After gaining PVP experience fighting against these classes, or even playing AS these classes, you learn their movement abilities, ranges of said movement, cooldowns, and what protective state these abilities are, whether they be Super Armor movement, Forward Guard, or I-frame.  With this knowledge of how other classes work, you apply that knowledge to your own class and figure out ways to counter it.  Very simplified explaination, but I'm trying to make it as lamen as possible for you since it's pretty clear you don't have sufficient PVP experience.  Which is fine -- you don't have to like PVP.  But to literally insult a HUGE group of people because of your personal distaste?  GTFO.

My gripe is you saying "if you enjoy BDO PVP, you're on copium", when I literally enjoy it and have genuine fun lol.  On top of that, know or know of, TONS of people who enjoy PVP.  My IRL friends do too, two of them play, one an Archer who's gotten 200 kills in siege and one a Succ Ranger who gets 100 kills in siege fairly consistently.  Both have Stormtrooper titles.  Streamers like Choice, Rilok, and Etsu can be found on stream PVP'ing constantly -- do you think they'd be PVP'ing if they didn't find it enjoyable?  So, not only are you insulting me -- but you're also insulting these streamers / content creators AND insulting my IRL friends and my guildies.  Just for the fact you're clearly lacking in class knowledge, matchup knowledge, pretty darn sure you lack situational awareness, possibly even how to control your class properly.  Like I said, I'm comparing my experience from yours.  Yes, desync happens -- but it isn't enough to make me cry about it (meaning it's relatively rare).  I already gave some tips on how to minimize desync / FPS drops, from my own personal experience.

Succ Ranger is an absolute GOD in large group PVP.  Anything more than 10 v 10, Succ Ranger can absolutely shred -- if played right.  Positioning is huge.  So is knowing how to kite - -and you kite every class differently since every class has different types of movement / gap closers, which you'd know of if you knew how other classes actually work.  Ever play a fighting game?  Are you going to rush down a Zangeif while playing as Dhalsim? x'D If you're Succ Ranger, you absolutely SHRED if you're in the right position / keep optimal distance away.  100% protected damage -- People forget that RANGE is a form of protection -- you can't get hit by many classes on top of walls, trees, or high ledges, and can rain down disgusting DPS.

Awaken Ranger is one of the best duelist classes and great in small scale skirmishes, like AoS.  She has a kit that can deal with many different situations from every range -- melee (has grab), mid-range, and long range with good ranged CC.  Ever see Flannels play?  If not, or if you haven't even heard of him, then OK, more inexperience, as he's one of NA/EU's most mechanically sound Awaken Ranger players.  Class is bonkers in the right hands and PVP scenario.

Projection.

Last Edit : Sep 28, 2022, 01:01 (UTC)
# 13
Écrit le : 27 sept. 2022, 22:50 (UTC), par : PeaceInChaos

That "warping around in and out of existence" you're referring to are movement abilities = deliberate button inputs by your opponent.  Every class has movement abilities.  You're probably referring to assassin-type classes, like Ninja, Sorc, Hashashin, etc. who have movement abilities that look like blinks or fast dashes.

After gaining PVP experience fighting against these classes, or even playing AS these classes, you learn their movement abilities, ranges of said movement, cooldowns, and what protective state these abilities are, whether they be Super Armor movement, Forward Guard, or I-frame.  With this knowledge of how other classes work, you apply that knowledge to your own class and figure out ways to counter it.  Very simplified explaination, but I'm trying to make it as lamen as possible for you since it's pretty clear you don't have sufficient PVP experience.  Which is fine -- you don't have to like PVP.  But to literally insult a HUGE group of people because of your personal distaste?  GTFO.

My gripe is you saying "if you enjoy BDO PVP, you're on copium", when I literally enjoy it and have genuine fun lol.  On top of that, know or know of, TONS of people who enjoy PVP.  My IRL friends do too, two of them play, one an Archer who's gotten 200 kills in siege and one a Succ Ranger who gets 100 kills in siege fairly consistently.  Both have Stormtrooper titles.  Streamers like Choice, Rilok, and Etsu can be found on stream PVP'ing constantly -- do you think they'd be PVP'ing if they didn't find it enjoyable?  So, not only are you insulting me -- but you're also insulting these streamers / content creators AND insulting my IRL friends and my guildies.  Just for the fact you're clearly lacking in class knowledge, matchup knowledge, pretty darn sure you lack situational awareness, possibly even how to control your class properly.  Like I said, I'm comparing my experience from yours.  Yes, desync happens -- but it isn't enough to make me cry about it (meaning it's relatively rare).  I already gave some tips on how to minimize desync / FPS drops, from my own personal experience.

Succ Ranger is an absolute GOD in large group PVP.  Anything more than 10 v 10, Succ Ranger can absolutely shred -- if played right.  Positioning is huge.  So is knowing how to kite - -and you kite every class differently since every class has different types of movement / gap closers, which you'd know of if you knew how other classes actually work.  Ever play a fighting game?  Are you going to rush down a Zangeif while playing as Dhalsim? x'D If you're Succ Ranger, you absolutely SHRED if you're in the right position / keep optimal distance away.  100% protected damage -- People forget that RANGE is a form of protection -- you can't get hit by many classes on top of walls, trees, or high ledges, and can rain down disgusting DPS.

Awaken Ranger is one of the best duelist classes and great in small scale skirmishes, like AoS.  She has a kit that can deal with many different situations from every range -- melee (has grab), mid-range, and long range with good ranged CC.  Ever see Flannels play?  If not, or if you haven't even heard of him, then OK, more inexperience, as he's one of NA/EU's most mechanically sound Awaken Ranger players.  Class is bonkers in the right hands and PVP scenario.

Projection.

Any of this and whatever streamer plays the game (which has not a lot of viewers let's be honest, numbers only usually go up when they had some givaways) doesn't change the fact that the engine has quite big issues for what is supposed to include PvP has an integral part of its gameplay. That's why the game has and will never make a breach in the esport scene, even with AOS, which is the mode esport elligible mode they have given yet (basically, it was designed for that, and it's not a bad idea as such).

Let's not forget that they use an 10 years old engine they developped themselves in less than 2 years and with a much smaller team than what they have now. Said engine is of course far less documented, optimized and refined than the most used ones, it can't and that's a given, even if aforementioned other engines also have their limits.

FPS is DPS but also messes up with movement abilities because the network can't keep up (that's why people play in runescape mode to get an edge when one of the selling point of the game is supposed to be its graphics, and it's sad to witness ...) which causes desyncs and what can be seen as TP (because movement animation don't play as they should on the other end, or don't play at all, even if they're supposed to be quick, and no this is not just because cancels in this instance).  No amount of skill can alievate the fact that two players can see (and experience) very different things on each of their screens when witnessing the exact same action, because of said technical inconsistensies. We talk about a game with an engine so reliable that a single player could could make an entire party experience huge FPS drops and stuttering when trying to enter a building at the release of the Valencia RBF.

Add on top of that mouse movement that makes skills behave in ways devs never intended (otherwise you would be able to do these things without it), and not even considering gamedesign issues, you have some of the reasons why a lot of people that want a reliable PvP experience, be it by playing or just watching, even when PA lifted the barrier of gear with AOS, go elsewhere and don't consider BDO PvP very seriously anymore when they become aware of this, which is sad because the game still actually has real qualities that could shine even more without these hindrances and some really dedicated and willing to help community members.

But sweeping these issues away like they never existed could indeed be wieved as copium, or just falling for the sunk cost fallcy, even if you're found of the game in its current technical state and have a lot of fun, and more power to you if you do actually.

Last Edit : Sep 28, 2022, 02:50 (UTC)
# 14
On: Sep 28, 2022, 00:40 (UTC), Written by CaptainCourage

Any of this and whatever streamer plays the game (which has not a lot of viewers let's be honest, numbers only usually go up when they had some givaways) doesn't change the fact that the engine has quite big issues for what is supposed to include PvP has an integral part of its gameplay. That's why the game has and will never make a breach in the esport scene, even with AOS, which is the mode esport elligible mode they have given yet (basically, it was designed for that, and it's not a bad idea as such).

Let's not forget that they use an 10 years old engine they developped themselves in less than 2 years and with a much smaller team than what they have now. Said engine is of course far less documented, optimized and refined than the most used ones, it can't and that's a given, even if aforementioned other engines also have their limits.

FPS is DPS but also messes up with movement abilities because the network can't keep up (that's why people play in runescape mode to get an edge when one of the selling point of the game is supposed to be its graphics, and it's sad to witness ...) which causes desyncs and what can be seen as TP (because movement animation don't play as they should on the other end, or don't play at all, even if they're supposed to be quick, and no this is not just because cancels in this instance).  No amount of skill can alievate the fact that two players can see (and experience) very different things on each of their screens when witnessing the exact same action, because of said technical inconsistensies. We talk about a game with an engine so reliable that a single player could could make an entire party experience huge FPS drops and stuttering when trying to enter a building at the release of the Valencia RBF.

Add on top of that mouse movement that makes skills behave in ways devs never intended (otherwise you would be able to do these things without it), and not even considering gamedesign issues, you have some of the reasons why a lot of people that want a reliable PvP experience, be it by playing or just watching, even when PA lifted the barrier of gear with AOS, go elsewhere and don't consider BDO PvP very seriously anymore when they become aware of this, which is sad because the game still actually has real qualities that could shine even more without these hindrances and some really dedicated and willing to help community members.

But sweeping these issues away like they never existed could indeed be wieved as copium, or just falling for the sunk cost fallcy, even if you're found of the game in its current technical state and have a lot of fun, and more power to you if you do actually.

100% agree that the game PVP isn't perfect and I 100% agree that a lot of it is due to it's engine limitations.  I never said it was perfect, in fact, have stated it simply isn't.  Just becuase I have fun when PVP'ing doesn't mean I'm sweeping these issues away like they never existed -- they do and I'm glad people point these things out.  It's one way that these things can, hopefully, get fixed / improved upon to a greater degree than they already have.  But I am free to share my experience too and shouldn't be shamed for having genuine fun in PVP.  I mean, I have my bad days when I'm playing poorly or I'm outskilled / outgeared -- I'm not some god-tier PVP'er -- I'll flame, I do experience frame skips that mess up my cancels from time to time, but still not enough to make me, personally, say it's copium to enjoy when it runs well enough, and in my experience, that's the vast majority of the time of time spent PVPing.  It's smooth in the majority of the time, from 1vX'ing on Arsha, to playing AoS with friends, or Node War with the guild where I'm doing Sorc things in the middle of a zerg.  Sometimes bad, usually good, engine-wise.

What triggers me is when people say that "if you enjoy PVP, you're on copium".  Like, OK, personal enjoyment of something is 100% subjective, first off.  Secondly, I do node war every week on Sunday, I play RBF, AoS, do open world PVP, and -- while yes, occasional desync can happen -- it's relatively rare in my experience and is not the cause of a losing / winning fight, I'd estimate over 95% of the time, if not more.  It happens -- yes, but not enough for me to cry about it -- more often than not, a fight is won or lost 100% based off of gear and skill.

I stated a few ways to address FPS = DPS issues and desync.  Get good internet speed.  Use ACanadianDude's FPS guide.  I have a 1440p monitor, but in larger fights / try-hard fights, I'll use 1080p resolution full screen optimization mode.  RBF, Arsha grinding, AoS, I can run Remastered, but I prefer medium settings, which I run most of the time.  My 1st gen Ryzen 1700X CPU and old 1080ti aren't OC'd, and I have 32 GB of RAM, an M.2 drive and my game, quite literally, runs fine for the majority of my gameplay, even with an aged system.

I'm simply taking my experience and bringing that to the table, since Mr. "You're on copium if you enjoy PVP in BDO" over here is giving his.

Last Edit : Sep 28, 2022, 05:24 (UTC)
# 15

Pvp is perfect; don’t know why anyone would complain. Apart from capping the Physics and animation frame rates to 60 (refresh can be whatever you want,play in lego mode if you still wanna, but it wont give you game braking advantge anymore) ...so that this matches what PA sell us at their shows.

There is not much else do to. (also mean you computer is less of a P2W factor, stupid that is so important to the game atm,but PA know some will cry if they cap – Sod em’ Make them git gud! -oh, hmm, and i say this as someone with a 12 core and 3080RTX,32gb and m.2... It should not be part of the games gear!!!)

Also, PvP, not the main pastime of most players But people assume this mean is somehow lesser?

Nah, the pvp streamers are watched by pve types all the time… Why? Cus even if we don’t fight, its nice to have a hero to support, a guild to cheer on, like football in real life.

And without PvP, the game to me? Well its dented. Cus I can do any part of the game in seasonal gear to different levels of eficcancy. Once I have done that, that is complete for me… why go around in circles, to get more gear, to make that even easyer?

Be like a weightlifter breaking a world record, then taking of some weights and calling that progress. Nah they get stronger and take on new task, and that can only be the players, as all content can be done with seasonal gear if you are skilled enough.

PvP is key to the game.

Pve is copium, Chewing-gum for the soul

Last Edit : Sep 29, 2022, 01:45 (UTC)
# 16
On: Sep 28, 2022, 05:12 (UTC), Written by Snoods

Pvp is perfect; don’t know why anyone would complain. Apart from capping the Physics and animation frame rates to 60 (refresh can be whatever you want,play in lego mode if you still wanna, but it wont give you game braking advantge anymore) ...so that this matches what PA sell us at their shows.

There is not much else do to. (also mean you computer is less of a P2W factor, stupid that is so important to the game atm,but PA know some will cry if they cap – Sod em’ Make them git gud! -oh, hmm, and i say this as someone with a 12 core and 3080RTX,32gb and m.2... It should not be part of the games gear!!!)

Also, PvP, not the main pastime of most players But people assume this mean is somehow lesser?

Nah, the pvp streamers are watched by pve types all the time… Why? Cus even if we don’t fight, its nice to have a hero to support, a guild to cheer on, like football in real life.

And without PvP, the game to me? Well its dented. Cus I can do any part of the game in seasonal gear to different levels of eficcancy. Once I have done that, that is complete for me… why go around in circles, to get more gear, to make that even easyer?

Be like a weightlifter breaking a world record, then taking of some weights and calling that progress. Nah they get stronger and take on new task, and that can only be the players, as all content can be done with seasonal gear if you are skilled enough.

PvP is key to the game.

Pve is copium, Chewing-gum for the soul

Agree for the most part.  BDO, all you really need is Seasonal gear for PVE.  Easy-to-grind spots, where the mobs do negative damage to you since potions can out heal the mob damage, and spots where mobs literally die in one or two abilities, net as much, close to, or more in some cases, than some end-game spots -- where the mobs actually do offer the possibility of being killed, and where the mobs are very tanky, requiring full combos and efficient use of add-ons and combat buffs.  The difference in silver between the highest income true-end-game area and the highest income Tuvala-able spot is minimal -- yet the difference between the time and effort needed to grind the top income true-endgame spot and the Tuvala spot is huge.  I comeplete agree that PVE -- after a certain gear score -- starts to really pose the big question of "Why do I need more gear?" in this sense --- you don't need a lot of gear to make a lot of silver in BDO.

PVP, however, gear actually matters.  You can never have too much gear, especially if you play competitive PVP modes, like Node War, Siege, and grinding endgame locations on Arsha -- places where you make a name for yourself, make an impact for your guild, and test your skill + your time and effort against others who are testing themselves too.

So, IMO, unless BDO produces some truly compelling PVE content, that heavily encourages players to get gear to participate in -- PVP will always be greater than PVE in my book.  We have the dungeons, but they aren't really mandatory to do at all.  Make more silver grinding Centaurus.  We have spots like Gyfin UG which is pretty fun to grind, but the silver per hour is 200-300m difference in income compared to some easy spots, yet it requires much higher effort, DP, and grind to get the gear to even grind there.  If the "all I care about is PVE" people want to claim that PVE is the biggest motivator to grind and gear up, then BDO needs to prove it with their content, because as of now, you don't even need gear to earn good silver (PVE) in this game.  Kind of a joke, really.  Almost like the game doesn't respect player's time and effort by making Tuvala-Timmy spots nearly on-par -- sometimes even better -- that some mid-game and even some endgame spots (that require significantly more gear) in terms of silver per hour.  Slap in our face.

Last Edit : Sep 29, 2022, 09:39 (UTC)
# 17

Great feedback on the other system found within Black Desert.

I personally do not find PvP either fun or time effective for my play style as I stated in the OP, but hopefully this thread is not the normal player bashing that most questions/suggestions have.

Last Edit : Sep 29, 2022, 21:35 (UTC)
# 18
On: Sep 27, 2022, 08:20 (UTC), Written by TheImmortal

As a catch phrase, it promises much but then you get into the game and find there are compromises you have to make, and more likely, they mean that playing the way you want within the confines of whatever way the game has been set up ( so you are NOT playing the way you want, but are constantly finding ways around to play that way) but you live with it.

But it would be really nice to play the way you want!

Here is the way I want to play the game.

Solo mostly, but group where necessary

The game is set up for solo play, hence this is not an issue. There are guilds so group play is possible and there are ways to bring players together, so that is covered.

Life skill and a bit of PvE, no PvP

I enjoy the life skilling part of the game as these type of puzzles are demanding without being taxing. However, here is where the need of the game comes and demands I conform.

If I cook, to gather the materials I need to have minimal AP, but I need to get high on the accessory & costume ladder to be proficient. I have mid range Manos accessories, clothes  and tools so I have moderately good mat gather rates. However, I need to do the meat/blood gathering on a char that performs the vacuum function (Valk or Musa). I started off with a ranger back in the day for lifeskilling and found that this skill has not been provided so I split the job.

I would have loved that the ranger had that function OR I could transfer over that function. I cannot, and it will not happen so this is the way it is.

Now that means I have to find a way to share the accessories as the function of cooking requires (to be proficient) the Mano accessories and costumes.  Get the Valk back to where the ranger is, take off rings/necklace/earrings/ belt accessories, put in storage (and hopefully there is enough space for this as accessories cannot be shared the same way a costume can as they are considered gear) log on the ranger, fit the accessories and the costumes - do the function ( which might be a small job of 1000 units) then take them off to transfer to another char to do the mount training or hunting or to the shai to do the bartering. I then log on to a witch for PvE to do DR bosses - which is the only charater I have for the PvE functions

So to sum up, I have various char to do different lifeskills as that is the way I wish to play.

PvP is a waste of my in game time. I do not learn to play the char well enough to do it well so I get no pleasure from it and it is not skill based but level/gear based.

My question is simple. Pearl Abyss - Did you ever consider that people would play the game this way? Is there a better way to cater for people like me?

I see you are asking about sharing lifeskill gear among different characters, since you have different characters for different lifeskills.  If that is what you are asking about to get catered to, there's no way to share the gear among those characters without how you are doing now -- by putting your lifeskill gear into storage when you swap between lifeskills.  Maybe in the future they will implement something to share lifeskill gear on different charcaters like how we can share combat gear through the Tag System, but right now, your options are limited.

One option:  Buy the Pearl Item that lets you transfer lifeskill EXP from one character to another.  Put the majority of your most active lifeskills on one charcater to reduce the number of times you need to swap gear to another character.

Another option:  If you are only needing to swap your Accessories, you can use a Central Market maid, if your characters are far away.  For example, if your cook is in Grana and your horse trainer is in Heidel and you need to swap gear, you can use the Central Market like how you use storage to swap.

"PvP is a waste of my in game time. I do not learn to play the char well enough to do it well so I get no pleasure from it and it is not skill based but level/gear based."

If gear is the same, it is very skill-based.  Some classes are very strong against others, but every class can shine given the right PVP scenario.  If you watch high level PVP where players are around the same gear and PVP experience, you will see what I mean.  PVP in BDO is not like other MMO's, it is inticate, complex, and has a high skill ceiling.  You can't spam nonsense, you need to know how to control your class, need to know class matchups, and how your class performs against other classes.

Last Edit : Oct 2, 2022, 13:13 (UTC)
# 19

I believe what I am asking about in a round about way is that, since the game is not set up to "play the way you wish", how close was it to what they imagined it would play out - which I suppose encompasses the difference between the Western culture and the Korean culture (markedly different in many areas)

If the game has turned out exactly as they had planned, then how has the Western culture affected the outcome of the game and how will that affect the future changes. If there is no way they will take on board how different cultures take on the aspects of the game, then suggestions like this are meaningless.

Thank you for your feedback

Last Edit : Oct 3, 2022, 19:03 (UTC)
# 20
On: Oct 2, 2022, 13:13 (UTC), Written by TheImmortal

I believe what I am asking about in a round about way is that, since the game is not set up to "play the way you wish", how close was it to what they imagined it would play out - which I suppose encompasses the difference between the Western culture and the Korean culture (markedly different in many areas)

If the game has turned out exactly as they had planned, then how has the Western culture affected the outcome of the game and how will that affect the future changes. If there is no way they will take on board how different cultures take on the aspects of the game, then suggestions like this are meaningless.

Thank you for your feedback

"Play the way you wish" is a pretty broad statement that is impossible to fully accomplish, 100%.  No game can 100% let you play the way you wish.  You can't go 3rd person mode in Apex Legends or Valorant.  You can't go 1st person perspective in League of Legends.  You can't PVE in Street Fighter (well SF6 will have a PVE mode lol).  There are certain confines that cannot be circumvented in every video game.  So I am not sure what you're on about here.

I addressed your point of having to swap between lifeskill characters to swap gear between them.  Your issue about having to swap items between lifeskill characters is do-able with EXP swap coupons or using the Central Market as a tool to transfer items.  If you don't want to PvP, there are options to avoid it.  You can AFK fish and horse train to your heart's content on a level 49 character, you can even gather wood at level 49, though you might need a higher level for other active lifeskilling like hunting and killing gatherable mobs (IDK, I don't active lifeskill).  Again, I'm not sure what you're actually saying or asking about here.

I don't think the game has "turned out exactly as they had planned".  They made a lot of changes over the years nad are still making changes / additions.  Karma penalties increased.  Many QoL.  Free inventory slots and pets.  Marni's Realm.  100% PEN quests.  Season Servers.  So many more changes I can't think of right now that made the game much different than it used to be, some ways good, some bad, depends on how you see things.  BDO is in a permanent development state -- the game will constantly change and evolve through it's lifespan.  The Magnus is coming soon and that's going to be a huge change, giving the game fast travel and other stuff.

IDK if it's "Western culture" or "Korean culture" exactly that affected changes like The Magnus, Season, and Marni's Realm.  I think it's moreso the devs trying to appeal to as many people as possible since BDO is a Global MMO, released in regions all over the world.  I do know, however, lots of people complain about forced PVP in the West.  Reddit and BDO forums, I've read so many posts of people complaining about getting ganked and dying in a video game.  IDK how Koreans feel about forced PVP in a PVX game, but I can lend some credit to Westerners for things like Marni's Realm, channel swap CD shortening, and Home Channels because we complain about PVP a lot here.

BDO is more of a global game now, IMO.  People in the West say the devs only listen to Koreans.  Koreans say they are the test server and they only listen to the West.  Lol.  They're supposed to be moving towards global patch updates, everyone on the same patch at the same time, I believe.  The game is headed in a more "Global culture", not so much "Korean" or "Western" culture, IMO, and this can be seen with the many QoL and changes to core game mechanics that make the game more accessible to every gear score (early game silver buffs, AoS, capped node war and siege, Marni's Realm, even making lifeskilling more accessible in some ways, and more).

Feedback

Share your feedback and suggestions to help us develop Black Desert.

last

We use cookies, with your consent, to customize content and advertising.
More information