Title: Fair Treatment of Shai's Talent Weapon, the Sol
Family Name: Celestial_Moon
Region (NA/EU): EU
With the recent addition of the Adventurer's Feedback, I feel like now is the time to really push for fair treatment when it comes to Shai's Talent/Awakening Weapon.
TLDR at bottom.
For years Shai's have been excluded out of quests, catch-up mechanics, stats and have been forced into enhancing their own gear, even though some may prefer to buy their gear. All of this is due to the fact that Shai's Talent Weapon, the Artina Sol, is "unique".
In short, I believe PA needs to revamp the Artina Sol into two variations:
- Dandelion Sol
- Blackstar Sol
Issues with the Artina Sol
Even since Shai was released, there was problems with the Artina Sol, mainly being forced to enhance it yourself and not being able to buy/sell the weapon. As time has gone by, the Artina Sol has become even more of an issue now we have features such as Jetina's Guaranteed Pen Quests, Tagging, etc, that the Artina Sol is excluded from. This issue is only going to get worse in the future as more content comes out.
Here is a list of all the current issues with the Artina Sol: (forgive me if i miss some)
- Cannot Buy/Sell the Artina Sol
- PEN Sol is not obtainable from Jetina's Guaranteed Pen Quest
- Artina Sol is not taggable
- Sol cannot be caphrased unlike every other class' Awakening weapon, meaning the Sol is missing stats that can otherwise be obtained by non-Shais
- No option for Blackstar Sol, again making Shais miss out on the extra stats BS offers
- Not being able to tag the Sol means you need to buy an extra Garmoth's Heart and Crystals for your tag
- Sol cannot be weapon exchange couponed
Even though the Artina Sol has the exact same stats as a Dandelion, including Cron cost and enhancement chances, just because its labeled as "Artina" and not "Dandelion" has caused all of these issues.
My Suggestion of Dandelion/Blackstar Sol
I believe removing the Artina Sol from the game and replacing it with a Dandelion/Blackstar version and enabling the Sol to have the same content as other Dande/BS weapons, PA would be fixing one of Shai's biggest issues.
Below is how PA could make this transition from Artina > Dandelion/Blackstar fair:
- Replace the Boss Gear Exchanged Sol from Season to a Dandelion Sol
- Offer a one-time family quest to exchange PEN Artina Sol to either a PEN Dandelion Sol or TET Blackstar Sol (Please see * below for more information on my ideas for this quest)
- Enable quest to obtain PEN Dandelion Sol from Jetina
- Enable tagging of the Dandelion/Blackstar Sol
- Enable caphras of the Dandelion Sol
- Enable Dandelion/Blackstar Sol to be sold/bought on the marketplace
- Enable Dandelion/Blackstar Sol to be weapon exchange couponed
- Remove Artina Sol reward from Shai's Talent questline
*One Time Family Quest to Exchange PEN Artina Sol to PEN Dandelion or TET Blackstar
**Note: I suggest this quest be only available for PEN Artina Sol due to the fact that it is super easy to obtained TET Artina Sol from previous Seasons
- Artina NPC should offer a one-time family quest for the adventurer to hand over a PEN Artina Sol in exchange for either a PEN Dandelion Sol or TET Blackstar Sol.
- Adventurer must hand over 150-250mil (average mp price of a base Dandelion) to subset the cost of the free base Artina Sol that was given from completing the Talent Questline
- Adventurer can then chose either PEN Dande or TET Blackstar Sol as a quest reward
- (OPTIONAL) The PEN Dandelion/TET Blackstar received from this quest only is non-sellable, but can be tagged/couponed/etc
Shai's music stats with Dandelion or Blackstar
With Shai's Sol, she gains extra talent skill % with the enhancement of her Sol. With a PEN Artina Sol, Shai gets a +15% effect to a few of her skills.
Exact same as Artina, PEN Dandelion = +15% talent skill
Caphras Levels dont effect shais talent %
Same conversion as with other classes, PEN Dandelion=TET Blackstar = +15% talent skills
PEN Blackstar doesnt add any extra % to talent skills
Please give your feedback on this and hopefully we can convince PA to give Shai fair treatment.
Change Shai's Talent Weapon, Artina Sol, to two new variations, Dandelion Sol/Blackstar Sol and add the features that Shai's Sol is missing due to it being "unique"
This is absolutely the way forward for Shai rather than damage buffs. Sol is missing out on 12 All Species damage on Dande + 12 accuracy from Caphras. This is a huge deal and actually compensates the damage nerfs that PA felt were so needed for Shai without making her broken like -%DP shred did. 25 Monster AP +10 Species Damage from Blackstar is also crazy to miss out on (literally better than a permanent, free Frenzy Draught with no downside).
Greatly agree - if Shai can have dande or bs sol then it would greatly benefit the class. Just want to note that PEN Sol gives +15% to talents not 11%
Just want to note that PEN Sol gives +15% to talents not 11%
Ah yes! Totally got this mixed up with TET Sol. Updated the post thank you.
Amen. Id go even a bit further and say let us exchange current Pen Artina Sol for Tet Godr-ayed as I dumped 60bil into my piece of ----- and would never even have attempted enhancing it if guaranteed pen, buying, or weapon coupon was an option
...and that was several months after PA "promised there will be some sort of compensation/other method for Shais"
I held out for as long as I could for that patch, I think I was already in the 290k AP range when I realized it was just unreasonable to hold out any longer. I also know of another Shai who spent double that and could have bought a pen blackstar for when they have in their Artina.
At this point, I'll even take them giving us the option to Convert a weapon already in the game to a Sol. If they are stressed over compensating the Artina Sol specifically then just Give us a Dandi Version and not a Black Star option since Black stars have a quest line involved. Just make it family bound and unsellable on the market.
I'll take anything as long as I can tag like other classes. As I think most Shai's in this game would.
Although another possibility if the stats are what are causing a problem then simply remove the song stats on the weapons themselves and just increase the amount of % in the skill menu. Add a Few More ranks and lock the highest percentage that match's the maxium value behind a character level. (level 61 for example).
The fact that Shai's have to purchase another classes Black Star/Dandelion plus pay a $10 Marni fuel cost or (for me lose 30 Billion silver selling my Pen Awk BS to change my tag is absolutely ludicrous) sell the weapon on the market to repurchase another classes is just insane.
Shai's shouldn't have to suffer like this. Archer doesn't even have Awakening and he still got a Dandelion/Black Star.
Well, they call it Artina because of Shai's backstory. So I could see them sticking to their guns on the name, but still...
Shai, though she may be a "support unit", should not be some back pocket character who is meant to live off the scraps of one's family. Since players main Shai, it's only fair that they enjoy the same mechanics as the rest of the players.