Black Desert will begin in a moment.

Install the Black Desert Launcher if the game doesn't start.

Install the Black Desert Launcher to start the game.

The launcher will appear if it's installed.
If it doesn't, try to run your downloaded launcher.

Install Guide

1 Run BlackDesert_Installer_NAEU.exe to install the Black Desert launcher.

2 Start the game once installation is complete.

Forums

UTC 4 : 44 Jul 21, 2024
CEST 6 : 44 Jul 21, 2024
PDT 21 : 44 Jul 20, 2024
EDT 0 : 44 Jul 21, 2024
#Suggestions
Make [Safeguard Your Crystals] Event Permanent!
Aug 10, 2023, 05:17 (UTC)
13202 356
1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 38
Last Edit : Sep 13, 2023, 20:21 (UTC)
# 221

Oh and i forgot i probably should have asked with more detail. I asked to elaborate how hiding my lvl makes me an actor payed by PA ^^

12 56
Lv Private
ILeavl
Last Edit : Sep 14, 2023, 00:02 (UTC)
# 222
On: Sep 13, 2023, 20:20 (UTC), Written by Leav

Yes, you are right i didnt read anything in the past 22 pages, but now i did and it turns out 90% are just posting to agree and/or whining about their bad connection and bringing up other points with no logic only to make it look like bad connection is not the only thing thats their problem. 
1. I read your argument why marketplace wont crash, and for some crystals it makes sense, rebellious for example. But others will. You can already look at the tear prices in EU, once at 5b now at 2b. Only the Girin Tear is still at max cause the demand is so high and it will go down not too long from now.  Same with Harmonies, Decimations, and Darkness Crystals. While harmonies are still very high in demand cause of the sheer amount of Demand (up to 8 per person) and comparatively low supply, Decimations are dropping in price while Darkness are already in the gutter. --> Less incentive to do Black Shrine. If you look at Glorious Ah'krads and Olucas you can see a healthy supply and Demand. The PvP community is steadily providing them to the Market, but prices arent dropping all the way to the bottom cause ppl still need them, be it cause they are new or cause they lost them. Breaking that equilibrium means they'll drop to rock bottom. For Ah'krads and Olucas that would just mean them sitting on min price in huge quantities not being sold cause supply is fairly high while the Black Shrine crystals will balance themselves cause a lot of ppl deem it not worth doing bosses. Tldr is: Sure you can make crystals unbreakable but you need to create a new source of demand besides just new Players. Right now we can argue that a fair amount of ppl everyday need to get new crystals cause they break. And yes for some ppl, me included selling crystals is a valuable source of money (couple billions per week).

Also i wouldnt compare Console to Pc by this point they're pretty much playing an entirely different game.

2. Grinding lower spots cause you are not able to do higher ones means you belong to that spot. There is no arguing against that. If you make less money cause you loose crystals cause you cant sustain yourself or die, grind a lower spot. Ofc desync and lag are unfortunate, but they are a part of the game and they need to be improved, but they are not a reason to remove a mechanic that is in itself fine.

If you say you have the gear to grind higher end spots but you still die, its a skill issue. Go grind lower spots or disequip your crystals, practice until you dont die and then go full force. Grinding, even tho for some boring should not be a braindead endeavour.

3. I dont know what else could be mob feeding but someone else coming to your spot, cc-ing you and leaving you to die while you are unable to move. Explain. If it is that, skill issue. Stop being a bot and start paying attention. Besides that you can still Emergency escape, you have no excuses. I also dont see a reason why a person shouldnt be able to feed you to mobs. We got rid of guilds declaring each other onesidedly, i cant defend my spot if i initiate the pvp, and if i cant outgrind him then i loose out, and even if i outgrind him, if hes stubborn and feels like being annoying he'll just stay, aggro the wrong mob at lower gyfin or just skip mob grps at other spots to make it difficult for me. So I'll happily feed anyone doing this to me to mobs and i pray they loose crystals. Tho they can also just unequip theirs, and karmabomb, but thats a whole different issue.

4. I dont have impeccable internet connection, neither do my guildmates or friends, some crash mutliple times per day, none whine about loosing a crystal. Its part of the game, connection and stability issues need to be adressed and improved, but that doesnt mean you need to remove crystal loss. If your connection gets unbearable dont play a mode you get punished for. Its the same in most online games.

But in the end, I enjoy having a risk involved in grinding. others dont. I believe i profit from this system even if i lose crystals, you dont. 

Ok, props to you for providing actual valid points.

You're actually bringing the discussion to a point where it's more about personal point of view rather than one being objectively "truer" than the other.

So:

1. You're describing an enviroment where crystals are eventually dropping down to their minimum price once people manage to get the crystals they need. This (in my opinion) means that the crystal breaking system itself isn't actually regulating much significantly.

Macalods and Hooms are very expensive and out of stock. Decimations are probably the most used crystal in PVE but if you take away the price of magical shards, lightstone fragments, flame power crystal and black stones, they're not worth very much. And darkness are not even worth making to sell at the moment. They're all RNG drops from the same content, they all have nodes they can be excavated from with probably the same chance of drop, and they all can break during PVE. It is hard to say how much impact the crystal breaking system has on their value compared to the sheer demand of them. It's all speculation made on data we don't have. Cause in your opinion a fair amount of people lose enough crystals on a daily basis to keep the market regulated, while in my opinion this system scares people away from spots they would belong to on paper, but don't wanna risk losing an hour or two of their time due to a skill issue that takes place in seconds over hours or any other reason we could mention. That's why I went to compare PC with Console, cause it's the only data we have of the 2 different environments in question.

Furthermore PA can create a secondary purpose for all those rare crystals. For example, Essence of Gallantries could have an alternative use to keep the balance somehow intact if things go south.

How are you reliably making 2 bils in crystals per week? the only way I can think of is by selling 4 glorious Ah'krad/olucas. And even if I'm not sure how many node wars you have to attend per week to make that amount, I'm gonna instinctively say we're talking about a very very very low % of the playerbase.

2. There is a difference in not being able to grind a spot, and dying for example once every 2 hours. Again, it's different point of views. I would like to go to spots recommended for my gear without having to be punished so harshly for a misplay (and stuff out of my control). If a single death can set me back the couple of hours I just grinded, it's not fun for me to face that challenge. I personally don't like the idea of having to be 100% brain power the entire time I'm grinding for multiple hours.

Also desyncs should not be part of a game that punishes you so harshly on death, and lag or disconnections are out of PA's and players' control, but they are still a thing. I haven't played (and probably won't play in the future) games that nullify 1 or 2 hours of your time for a single lag spike or brief disconnection.

Grinding doesn't have to make you anxious to be enjoyable. I don't think you "tryhard" during grinding solely because you're scared of losing crystals. You don't lose crystals on boss rush but it's still challenging and fun. Well I don't even think of grinding as the "endgame activity" itself, but just as a mean to make money for a different end. This is all personal once again and doesn't have a factual truth applicable to everybody.

However, you can still decide to personally punish yourself if you misplay, while instead at the moment we're forced into a system most of us don't like.

3. It never happened to me in general and I don't really care about this point. But what if the said person comes back and tries to make you die to mobs again after you V'd away the first time?

Honestly there's not even need to answer this, I'm happy to leave it at "skill issue".

Just different point of views on what "skill issue" during grinding includes.

4. Again it's personal. You and your friends don't mind involuntarily losing hours of your time. I think some of them don't whine but would rather have crystal loss removed, but I can't really tell without hearing from them. If some of them actually crash multiple times a day and still don't get mad at this system I'm ready to say they probably enjoy smashing their genitals with a hammer during their free time.

And in the end, you can implement the risk yourself. Or they could make it a toggle so you can keep that risk. But it isn't fun unless it's forced on everybody, right?

Last Edit : Sep 15, 2023, 15:44 (UTC)
# 223

Hi PA, if you want more people to try out your harder content, or see more people doing PvP, please make crystals not break permanent.  I introduced BDO to several of my friends, and they absolutely hate that the crystals break.  They have refused to go to certain places ingame because of it.  You should want people to try out all your content, not discourage them with outdated mechanics such as these.  This is one of the pain points in this game, where you make the game tedious for no reason at all.  

Last Edit : Sep 18, 2023, 18:04 (UTC)
# 224

With the game we have actually, with the pvp war changes, the marni changes, i changed my opinion about that thread.

So.....here is my idea : no crystal loss in marni. Crystal loss out of marni with 100% chance. So its spot depending. And yes i agree with crystal lost on dekhia, if you're grinding here, you have the lvl of not dying. I grinding with girin on dekhia's and never died. But maybe implement a "disconnection security" if possible, i dont know how.

Last Edit : Sep 19, 2023, 09:00 (UTC)
# 225

I had 2 random internet crashes again yesterday and lost olucas and ahkrad. It cost me 1.3bil on the spot which gave me about 900mil. In the last 3 months I have lost 7 crystals and only one of them was lost due to, I would say, my skill issues. The rest I've lost due to internet crashes or game crashes. It's just a huge demotivation if I can lost hours of play just because something happened out of my control.
As if it still worked on a high-risk, high-reward basis. But it doesn't work like that, on the weaker spots putting on expensive crystals doesn't do anything, while on the end game spots expensive crystals are even required to be there in the first place.

Add protection so you don't lose crystals over the internet / game crashes / desynchronisation and make a change that expensive crystals will give you anywhere twice or even more money than cheap crystals or disable crystal breaking altogether.

Last Edit : Sep 19, 2023, 10:14 (UTC)
# 226
On: Sep 15, 2023, 15:44 (UTC), Written by Gavyne

Hi PA, if you want more people to try out your harder content, or see more people doing PvP, please make crystals not break permanent.  I introduced BDO to several of my friends, and they absolutely hate that the crystals break.  They have refused to go to certain places ingame because of it.  You should want people to try out all your content, not discourage them with outdated mechanics such as these.  This is one of the pain points in this game, where you make the game tedious for no reason at all.  

@ Answer to the whole Topic  NO. TERRIBLE BAD IDEA.

You can remove your expensive crystals yourself before trying "Hard content that you don't know about".

Making death totally meanningles,  Destroying the crystal market for insecure babies is a no.

Sarcasm On: " How about we make everybody immortal and HP never goes bellow 1Sarcasm Off

Removing Crystals destruction is basically the same.

Last Edit : Sep 19, 2023, 10:30 (UTC)
# 227
On: Sep 13, 2023, 03:13 (UTC), Written by Ghoulz

You should be immune to damage temporarily after a loading screen. Stupid as hell that you're taking damage before you fully load in and can begin to move.

That's the bext idea I've read on this thread!

Also, if we are disconnected and the game detects that we die within 3 seconds (as it seems that when we crash the character has the time to die too, even if we're officially "disconnected"), the game should allow us an option of getting back whatever was lost when reconnecting in the same time as chosing Elion Tear or Reviving somewhere else.

Last Edit : Sep 19, 2023, 14:28 (UTC)
# 228
On: Sep 19, 2023, 10:14 (UTC), Written by Jeys

@ Answer to the whole Topic  NO. TERRIBLE BAD IDEA.

You can remove your expensive crystals yourself before trying "Hard content that you don't know about".

Making death totally meanningles,  Destroying the crystal market for insecure babies is a no.

Sarcasm On: " How about we make everybody immortal and HP never goes bellow 1Sarcasm Off

Removing Crystals destruction is basically the same.

You are not even know what you talking about. There is no such kind as crystal marketplace, income from them is so marginal that it is not noticeable.

Crystal protection will not make death meaningless because every death means less income so no one would like to die during grind anyway.

Last Edit : Sep 21, 2023, 17:00 (UTC)
# 229
If not protected crystals, a way to repair them, at a vendor or break them and smash a new one in if we so chose. I get the value of breaking an item but the straight loss of it means as a 7 year player, I seldom play with crystals in rough zones, no point. Clearly it's for the Node war people since gems don't break during node wars, would just be nice if they stopped gearing the game towards the smallest community, pvp. PvP is such a tiny aspect of this game and with the recent karma changes, it's a pointless mechanic now. They killed nodewars so the normal guilds can't participate, just the whales.
4 21
Lv Private
Toqor
Last Edit : Sep 23, 2023, 16:51 (UTC)
# 230
On: Aug 10, 2023, 05:17 (UTC), Written by Mumnoch

Family Name: Mumnoch

Region (NA/EU): NA

Suggestions/Comments: 

Kindly consider making the "Protect Your Crystals" Event a permeant addition. The sad truth of this game is it is as yet tormented with Desync's, Disconnects, and troublemaker's griefing players into mobs. All of which frequently brings about you biting the dust to hordes and having a/some crystal(s) break. Now that crystals are hitting 4bil+ per gem, your relaxed players as a whole/new players won't investigate this superb game and test out new zones until they seriously out gear them and trivialize the areas they explore. This is terrible for this game.

This Event has permitted me to attempt 3 new regions, 1 of which beat my behind and 2 being farmable after learning the mechanics. I'm truly having a blast out of having the option to simply investigate the game once more, trying out new areas to see if I can kill the mobs while adventuring.

Alternatively you could attach crystal protection to your Value Pack, which would urge individuals to buy it consistently for this insurance alone. Or, assuming none of the other options appears to be satisfactory, perhaps sell a crystal protection thing you purchase from blacksmiths that will break rather than your gem on the off chance that you kick the bucket. This game can possibly be the best MMO made, however mechanics, for example, crystals breaking on death, among others, keeps it from reaching it's full potential.

Crystal Bind....and make it apply only to Positive Karma Players.

1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 38

Feedback

Share your feedback and suggestions to help us develop Black Desert.

last
Search results will display posts in increments of 10,000.

We use cookies, with your consent, to customize content and advertising.
More information