Black Desert will begin in a moment.

Install the Black Desert Launcher if the game doesn't start.

Install the Black Desert Launcher to start the game.

The launcher will appear if it's installed.
If it doesn't, try to run your downloaded launcher.

Install Guide

1 Run BlackDesert_Installer_NAEU.exe to install the Black Desert launcher.

2 Start the game once installation is complete.

Forums

UTC 3 : 36 Jun 16, 2024
CEST 5 : 36 Jun 16, 2024
PDT 20 : 36 Jun 15, 2024
EDT 23 : 36 Jun 15, 2024
Cooldown Slots "shimmer" effect allows only 1 instance of the effect at a time. (It only shows once every 3 seconds)
May 12, 2024, 07:03 (UTC)
687 1
Last Edit : May 12, 2024, 07:04 (UTC)
# 1

When a skill comes off cooldown, the cooldown slot has a little shimmery effect to indicate that it's 

off cd.

This shimmer effect can only occus every 3 seconds.

https://imgur.com/a/7ZM2dp7

In this video I use the left skill first, then the right skill that has exactly 3 seconds CD.

If I use the second skill before the first one is off CD; it will be less than 3 seconds from the time the first one comes off CD.
With that in mind, you can see that shimmer effect is only on the left skill and doesn't appear on the right side.

After that, I use the second skill AFTER the first one comes off CD, meaning it will pass a little more than 3 seconds after first skill comes off CD.

With now that in mind, you can see how the second skill also receives the shimmer effect.

This would be nice to get fixed, because it would make it easier to notice them without taking the eyes off the action. Having a visual effect when a skill comes off cooldown is pretty standard in modern games to indicate for the user that the skill is available.

On the more technical side; I think the problem is that the system can't play more than one animation of this kind and since the animation lasts 3 seconds, "starting" a new one during that time won't have an effect because there is an already playing animation.

Bug Reports

Use this forum section to report bugs during your adventures.

last
Search results will display posts in increments of 10,000.

We use cookies, with your consent, to customize content and advertising.
More information