Black Desert will begin in a moment.

Install the Black Desert Launcher if the game doesn't start.

Install the Black Desert Launcher to start the game.

The launcher will appear if it's installed.
If it doesn't, try to run your downloaded launcher.

Install Guide

1 Run BlackDesert_Installer_NAEU.exe to install the Black Desert launcher.

2 Start the game once installation is complete.

Forums

UTC 22 : 24 Jul 24, 2024
CEST 0 : 24 Jul 25, 2024
PDT 15 : 24 Jul 24, 2024
EDT 18 : 24 Jul 24, 2024
Questing and Grinding: Could there be a balance?
Jun 23, 2024, 14:24 (UTC)
1586 8
Last Edit : Jun 25, 2024, 00:45 (UTC)
# 1

Too much of anything is never good.

Grinding is fun for a lot of us: for me, I can spend a lot of nervous energy and gain better focus, but for others, it's a mind-numbing chore.

So, why not offer quests that give similar rewards to grinding?  After all, the time invested is the true price for reward, right?  So, why can't lore-enriched quests be offered that help progression, quests that help us immerse ourselves in this lore-rich, story-poor world?  Quests that can make life-skillers feel like they're doing something once again?  Shai-specific quests to attain a Sol that's Blackstar equivalent?  Quests that make Haso a place to set roots in, that offer true progressive rewards that take us away from the grind once in a while?

All things have there place.  Yes, BDO is a grind-game, but to achieve maximum heights, if you're not grinding, you're not progressing.  That's a turn-off for a lot of players.

PA:  All players, PVP, Red, PVE, Lifeskillers, Questers..... we're ALL important to this game.  Don't pick one group over the other.  Don't make the game worse for one group.  Don't have favored children.  

Let's all strive for balance.  You can start us off by balancing how we progress.  You can balance classes, and time spent in regions, and......... please, let us balance ourselves.  Don't force us to play the way you want us to.

Last Edit : Jun 23, 2024, 18:43 (UTC)
# 2

i will not quest bro.

48 1794
Lv 61
Adonaj
Last Edit : Jun 23, 2024, 19:59 (UTC)
# 3
On: Jun 23, 2024, 18:43 (UTC), Written by Adonaj

i will not quest bro.

Good for you.  Go run around in circles for the rest of your life.

Questing has always been a staple of every single RPG ever.  Don't like questing, play an action game.

135 1136
Lv Private
StickyBuns
Last Edit : Jun 23, 2024, 22:48 (UTC)
# 4

This is weird, but I'm not against it. It unfairly punishes new players most as they are forced to quest to progress and are not shown that their time in BDO is valuable in most cases.

On an aside, I see a near future where the 30k Quest reward is also falling behind. Choice and other streamers have noted on several occasions that after completing the 30k Quest achievement, they felt it was a waste of time. They expressed dissatisfaction with the reward since it could be obtained far easier and in a single day simply by enhancing Reblath boots. I myself am working towards this goal and feel very similarly now that I am very close to being done. After doing all the storylines Balenos through Valencia, Mountain of Eternal Winter, Kamasylve, and O'dylita 30 times, I feel like my time is hardly valued and this is something the quests cause by not being rewarding. Similarly, the rewards these days are lackluster beyond the permanent +5 fail stack.

Last Edit : Jun 24, 2024, 13:23 (UTC)
# 5
On: Jun 23, 2024, 14:24 (UTC), Written by Musa4ever

Too much of anything is never good.

Grinding is fun for a lot of us: for me, I can spend a lot of nervous energy and gain better focus, but for others, it's a mind-numbing chore.

So, why not offer quests that give similar rewards to grinding?  After all, the time invested is the true price for reward, right?  So, why can't lore-enriched quests be offered that help progression, quests that help us immerse ourselves in this lore-rich, story-poor world?  Quests that can make life-skillers feel like they're doing someithng once again?  Shai-specific quests to attain a Sol that's Blackstar equivalent?  Quests that make Haso a place to set roots in, that offer true progressive rewards that take us away from the grind once in a while?

All things have there place.  Yes, BDO is a grind-game, but to achieve maximum heights, if you're not grinding, you're not progressing.  That's a turn-off for a lot of players.

PA:  All players, PVP, Red, PVE, Lifeskillers, Questers..... we're ALL important to this game.  Don't pick one group over the other.  Don't make the game worse for one group.  Don't have favored children.  

Let's all strive for balance.  You can start us off by balancing who we progress.  You can balance classes, and time spent in regions, and......... please, let us balance ourselves.  Don't force us to play the way you want us to.

yeah they should add a weekly magnus quest that gives out 2000 caphras or so,  let people who enjoy quests do it. Still sad i cant redo the magnus on my main, it was a fun content and i want to revisit it to make screenshots! (And no! new char is not an option, cause no fancy costumes and fashion there!)

Last Edit : Jun 24, 2024, 15:49 (UTC)
# 6
On: Jun 23, 2024, 19:59 (UTC), Written by Picklenose

Good for you.  Go run around in circles for the rest of your life.

Questing has always been a staple of every single RPG ever.  Don't like questing, play an action game.

lmao, i say that i not gonna quest and you tell me to leave the game?

grow up, you know "R" meme "no1" likes quests in bdo and bdo is an action game.

48 1794
Lv 61
Adonaj
Last Edit : Jun 25, 2024, 00:51 (UTC)
# 7

And more to the point I was putting out there, there should be nothing wrong with players who just want to grind.  I'd even say that if grinding was the fastest way to progress, that's fine.  But the way things are right now, most of us feel as though our time is waterd if we are not grinding.  And this game has SO much more to offer.  Kudos to the devs for making such a vast, rich game.  But those same devs seem pretty blind about how many people want to do one and only one type of activity.  The stories for the quests are so poorly written and connected, everyone R spams, and so many people just want to skips the quests altogether, because at the end of the day, you might as well kill monsters.  Much better use of time.  But that need not be the case.  If quests offered rewards at 50% time investment value, I bet players would not feel cheated out of spending time appreciating the richness of this world.  I did side quests in Eilton and had a blast.  But there was nothing to show for it in the end.  Sure, I had fun, but I was wasting time.  Was this your intent, PA?

Last Edit : Jun 25, 2024, 02:06 (UTC)
# 8

I think the answer is always going to be, development cost/time. I'm not sure if you're asking for unique content to clear every once in a while, but that is too much. And for just doing quests? I won't lie to you, I feel like that's what the initial focus on CP was. CP had a lot of potential, but when it's so tied to worker/node system and basically cooking in a backwards way - then it lost all it's meaning, most of the items to 'rent' no one really uses (except fences). I feel like rent points should've been separated from CP but still related to questing. You can only rent out 100 points worth of items, so the 10 fences. (Now 8, so you got 20 left over)

So IMO, I don't think your idea is bad, but I feel like their original intention was that and it fell through. Anyways, in a way CP does help progression, but this is very outdated and you don't get much out of it in today's BDO. I don't feel, like repeating quests itself is really worth it as a concept of progression tho, and like I said constant quests being added is not worth the development costs. Especially with most of the current player base not being the right audience.

Feedback

Share your feedback and suggestions to help us develop Black Desert.

last
Search results will display posts in increments of 10,000.

We use cookies, with your consent, to customize content and advertising.
More information