Black Desert will begin in a moment.

Install the Black Desert Launcher if the game doesn't start.

Install the Black Desert Launcher to start the game.

The launcher will appear if it's installed.
If it doesn't, try to run your downloaded launcher.

Install Guide

1 Run BlackDesert_Installer_NAEU.exe to install the Black Desert launcher.

2 Start the game once installation is complete.

Forums

UTC 14 : 49 Jul 12, 2024
CEST 16 : 49 Jul 12, 2024
PDT 7 : 49 Jul 12, 2024
EDT 10 : 49 Jul 12, 2024
[Heidel Ball Feedback] The Ball Was A Massive Letdown
Jun 25, 2024, 07:55 (UTC)
1440 12
1 2
Last Edit : Jun 25, 2024, 07:55 (UTC)
# 1

Family Name: SaltyFiggis

Region (NA/EU): NA

Suggestions/Comments: Gear Progression?

As someone who has been waiting for new things to aim for in BDO this ball was a massive letdown.  With all the decisions PA has made recently with DEBOs being made easier and easier to get, as well as making them the only viable option in both PVP and PVE items in BDO have become incredibly stale.  This was only made worse this ball by announcing that they would also be available from dungeons and rift bosses.  Historically PA has only added items to the rift bosses once they are no longer the "chase" item in BDO and have been superseded by newer and better item.  DEBOs are now fitting that role of outdated item and as PA continued to devalue the item without providing a new item to go for, progression in the game has become meaningless.  

I am obviously aware that during the ball the sovereign weapons were announce, as well as 2 gimmick type accessories with some on use ability which has not been revealed as far as I know.  PA I think those weapons look great you obviously put a lot of work into them and I think they will be great to go for in the future.  However, just adding some weapon AP stat sticks is not enough. We are stuck with this stale item meta that you pushed us down and now by not giving us anything new we are faced with many months of literally nothing.  In this infinite progression open world sandbox game, this is just not good enough. 

In summary, we need new items in BDO, both PVE AP accessories (upgraded debos) AND new defensive PVP accessories which provide us with options in gearing going forward.

Last Edit : Jun 25, 2024, 08:10 (UTC)
# 2

Unlike other games, we don't have many stats on bdo, only ap or dp

we'll have to make do with what we've been used to seeing for 8 years, one accessory or part of an armor per year.

For the debo, imo it is more to increase the number of players with 7xx GS and to finally be able to release content which will target a good part of the players and not just a minority

Last Edit : Jun 25, 2024, 08:20 (UTC)
# 3
On: Jun 25, 2024, 08:09 (UTC), Written by Okimura

Unlike other games, we don't have many stats on bdo, only ap or dp

Yeah thats why I clarified PVE which is what you are refering to with AP and DP aswell as PVP accessories which can provide build diversity with evasion and accuracy.

Last Edit : Jun 25, 2024, 09:33 (UTC)
# 4

Seems like they forgot to tell something on Heidel ball

Source: https://dpg.danawa.com/news/view?boardSeq=60&listSeq=5611064

Last Edit : Jun 25, 2024, 12:53 (UTC)
# 5

I was disappointed too, but for different reasons. There were a few big announcements that are overall nice. But there was very little in terms of more imminent minor changes and addons. And by far my biggest disappointment: Not a word about the remaining things announced a year ago and still not here, especially for sailors.

Last Edit : Jun 25, 2024, 13:07 (UTC)
# 6
Écrit le : 25 juin 2024, 09:33 (UTC), par : Meowling

Seems like they forgot to tell something on Heidel ball

Source: https://dpg.danawa.com/news/view?boardSeq=60&listSeq=5611064

https://www.kr.playblackdesert.com/ko-KR/News/Detail?groupContentNo=12363&countryType=ko-KR

Last Edit : Jun 25, 2024, 13:42 (UTC)
# 7
On: Jun 25, 2024, 13:05 (UTC), Written by Okimura

https://www.kr.playblackdesert.com/ko-KR/News/Detail?groupContentNo=12363&countryType=ko-KR

That's interesting, but if the automatic translation is correct, it doesn't mean that twilight accessory won't appear, it just wasn't good enough to present it on heidel ball 

Last Edit : Jun 25, 2024, 16:20 (UTC)
# 8
On: Jun 25, 2024, 08:09 (UTC), Written by Okimura

For the debo, imo it is more to increase the number of players with 7xx GS and to finally be able to release content which will target a good part of the players and not just a minority

Yeah its exactly what it is.

Last Edit : Jun 25, 2024, 16:22 (UTC)
# 9

PErsonally im disappointed there'S only three more zones to the BDO map (if you look at the foggy areas theres enough space for at least 5 just on the mainland) before they apparently start recycling the map (this traveling to the past thing, i mean could be cool but i dont know, i mostly see it as a way to not have to put TOO much effort into new zones, which is a good sign to me the game is slowing down)

Last Edit : Jun 26, 2024, 10:24 (UTC)
# 10
On: Jun 25, 2024, 16:22 (UTC), Written by CillianRaynor

PErsonally im disappointed there'S only three more zones to the BDO map (if you look at the foggy areas theres enough space for at least 5 just on the mainland) before they apparently start recycling the map (this traveling to the past thing, i mean could be cool but i dont know, i mostly see it as a way to not have to put TOO much effort into new zones, which is a good sign to me the game is slowing down)

These 3 large areas might provide fresh content for 2-3 more years (in case they add them in smaller pieces like Ulukita), but I hate this time travel thing, as I'm quite sure when we get there, the original world will be neglected even more. There are a lot of things that can be fixed/upgraded/overhauled: whole Balenos is useless now besides the first part of the main quest; same for a large part of Calpheon, all of Mediah. These areas could be upgraded with Elvia/Dehkia spots, like they do it now with Valencia.
Also, not a single word about Atoraxxion Orzacea, Altar of Blood rework, Valtarra Training rework, but we get an AI-generated crappy Disney-style demon castle? This demon continent with the single castle and different style challenge spots sounds bad to me; like Boss Blitz, it seemed good at first, then we got it, and saw how it was...

40 96
Lv Private
Drayorn
1 2

Feedback

Share your feedback and suggestions to help us develop Black Desert.

last
Search results will display posts in increments of 10,000.

We use cookies, with your consent, to customize content and advertising.
More information