Here are the latest update details for Black Desert Online on August 25, 2021 (Wed). Today’s patch contains 91 updates and is approximately 934.92 MB.
New & Returning Adventurers, we’ve been waiting for you!
For new Adventurers, we’ve prepared daily items that will help you begin your journey! And for returning Adventurers, we’ve prepared items such as enhancement materials to help you catch up on all the new content!
(Before you go! Make sure to check the guaranteed PEN (V) Accessory questline!)
● World Boss Grand Slam event has started.
- August 25, 2021 (Wed) after maintenance – September 8, 2021 (Wed) before maintenance
Have you heard, Adventurers?
During this event, you’ll have DOUBLE the chance of obtaining Boss Gear from the World Bosses!
This includes not only just their respective Sealed Weapon Boxes, but also the incredibly powerful Hearts of Vell, Garmoth, and Karanda!
● Celebrating 2000 Days of Black Desert! event has started.
- August 25, 2021 (Wed) after maintenance – September 8, 2021 (Wed) before maintenance
Adventurers, Black Desert has reached an incredible 2,000-day milestone because of all your incredible support. Everything from the recent Pearl Abyss service transfer to all our new content updates is only possible thanks to you.
Although it isn’t much compared to all the love you’ve shown us, we’ve prepared a gift as a small token of our appreciation. To countless more days of adventuring, cheers!
● Good Bye Summer, Hello 24-Hour EXP Time! event has started.
- August 25, 2021 (Wed) after maintenance – September 8, 2021 (Wed) before maintenance
24-Hour! Daily! Combat EXP +300%! Skill EXP +50%!
This is your chance to level up your season character for graduation, so don’t miss it!
● Special Package Sale! event has started.
- August 25, 2021 (Wed) after maintenance – September 1, 2021 (Wed) before maintenance
Adventurers, this is your chance to get Black Desert’s Game Pass at 70% off!
Check out the amazing deal below!
New and Improvements
● Changed the means of receiving the Ancient Spirits' power so that now you can obtain it through a buff instead of a weapon on the Elvia Realm server.
- Now you can interact with the Ancient Spirits Okiara, Narc, Valtarra and select the type of weapon (Main or Awakening) you wish to buff. However, the duration remains the same as before.
- Acquiring the spirits' buffs in the following circumstances will refresh the previous buff:
- Upon opening a box of an Elvia Realm spirit buff (previously contained an Elvia Realm spirit weapon).
- Upon interacting with a spirit to reobtain the spirit buff while a main/awakening weapon spirit buff is already active.
- The "Set Auto-sprint" prompt will appear near the stamina UI when moving right after setting a navigation path when dismounted or carrying trade items, or when "Set Looped Auto-Path" or "Auto-run" is used.
- Ticking the box will make your character Sprint when you have enough Stamina while moving on the set path or towards the direction of where the camera is facing.
- Moving the Stamina UI will also move the Set Auto-run UI.
- The game will save whether you ticked Set Auto-run or not.
● Improved the face and skin types offered during Character Creation and in the Customization (F4) window.
- The following three face types saw improvements made to their skin textures, and can be found in Character Creation or Customization (F4) - Face - Face Type.
|Face Type - Before||Face Type - After|
▲ Face Type 1 - Before
▲ Face Type 1 - After
▲ Face Type 2 - Before
▲ Face Type 2 - After
▲ Face Type 3 - Before
▲ Face Type 3 - After
- The following skin type was improved and can be found in Character Creation or Customization (F4) - Face - Skin.
|Skin Type - Before|
|Skin Type - After|
● Fuse Gravity - Reduced the recovery of Star's Breath from 10% to 5% per scattered star when using the skill.
● Twisted Orbit, Accel: Twisted Orbit - Changed the consumable resource for the skills to the following:
|Consumes 30 SP upon using skill||Consumes 50 Stamina upon using skill, 100 Stamina upon using skill during cooldown|
- Gravity Rift, Void Gateways, Illusion Expansion, Spatial Collapse, Ator's Energy, Realm of Anguish, Reset
● Form Shift - Removed the Critical Hit Rate effect.
Awakening● Lightning Prison - Changed the skill's Critical Hit Rate effect to only be applied for PvE.
● Bolt - Changed so that your character will no longer disappear and changed the Invincible effect to the Super Armor effect.
● Lightning Prison and Flow: Interrogate - Fixed the issue where the skill effect would be applied at a height higher than that at which it is normally applied.
● Black Spirit: Ator's Energy - Fixed the issue where the skill couldn't be used.
● Black Spirit: Flow: Interrogate - Fixed the issue where the extra damage effect wouldn't be applied with the spirit weapon.
- Added Black Spirit: Close Quarters: High Spirits, Black Spirit: Close Quarters: Charge, and Black Spirit: Ocean's Allure to the Skill (K) window.
- Each skill can be used by typing in an extra key depending on the situation when Black Spirit's Rage is at 10%< 25%, or 50%, and can be controlled more dynamically.
- You can get special bonuses such as an increased number of hits or an increased casting speed when using each skill.
● Wave-breaker Patraca - Fixed the issue where your character's appearance would appear abnormal when using the skill during cooldown after using Smooth Sailin'.
● Spare No Quarter! - Fixed the issue where Wave-breaker Patraca would be put into effect when using the skill while using Close Quarters: Suppress.
● Wave-breaker Patraca - Changed the effects of the skill.
● Ocean's Allure - Improved the pull effect upon hit to pull in the direction of the adventurer.
● Cap'n's Orders: Open Fire! - Fixed the issue where the accuracy reduction effect of the skill would not be applied.
● Separated the gloves and shoes that were equipped along with the [Nova] Sephia Armor.
- You can now obtain a separate pair of gloves and shoes when you open the outfit box that includes the [Nova] Sephia Armor.
● Changed the boxes from which you could obtain Elvia Spirit weapons to boxes from which you can obtain buffs, as each spirit of the Elvia Realm provides buff effects.
● Changed to display a global alert when obtaining a Specter's Gaze from the Ash Forest.
● Changed the Marine Romance Gloves icon for Berserkers and Hashashins.
● Changed the Monsterbane Cannon to only be able to be assembled at Oquilla's Eye with a [Guild] Monsterbane Cannon Assembly Kit.
● Removed the Hadum-related text from the Mirror of Equilibrium.
● Added the following text to regular outfit sets and single items for each class:
- Equipping parts of this outfit with those of other outfits may overlap their appearances.
● Changed the colors displayed on the minimap for your own team and guild members in the Red Battlefield.
- Whether they be of the same guild or not, the way your own team members are displayed on the minimap was changed as follows:
- If Color Vision Aid has been turned on, the icons will be displayed in blue on the minimap.
|Own Team||Other Team|
The Savage Rift and Altar of Blood contents are preparing to undergo a renewal, so they will be temporarily unavailable. We will deliver the news regarding their release as soon as we can.
- The following quests are no longer available due to the changes to the Savage Rift:
|- [Repeat] Face the Endless Army
- Darkness between Rocks
- Document Hidden By Cultists
- Black Seal
- Trace of the Fallen Kingdom
- The Last Prophecy
- Shadow upon Iliya Island
- Difficulties of Vigilantes
- Do-Or-Die Resistance
- Invasion from Above
- Shadow behind the Rift
- Black Ambition
- The following quests are no longer available due to the changes to the Altar of Blood:
|- [Altar of Blood] Yaz and the Mountain of Sanctity
- [Altar of Blood] Edan's Whereabouts
- [Altar of Blood] Grave of the Ancient Relic
- [Altar of Blood] Gem of Balance
- [Altar of Blood] The Long Road Back...
- [Altar of Blood] Secret Chamber of Hasrah
- [Altar of Blood] End of the Border
● "[Lv. 56] The Altar of Blood at Star's End" will no longer be available from the Quest (O) - Suggested tab.
● Changed the objective for "Into the Abyss," the final chapter of Caphras' Journal Vol. 4, as follows:
|Prepare to enter the Altar of Blood; (Obtain knowledge via the Altar of Blood entry quest)||Speak with the Ahib guarding the Altar of Blood|
● Changed the completion requirements for "[Autumn Season] Grad. Support - Fughar's Secrets to Success Chapter 18: Those Savages" due to the Savage Rift being closed temporarily.
|Talk to the NPC after entering the Savage Rift||Hear about the Savage Rift from Croix, the wharf manager of Velia|
● Removed Altar of Blood, Savage Rift, and Altar of Blood Ranking from ESC - (New) Menu.
● Liberated Kagtum Prisoners will no longer attack your character's summons.
● The rare hunting monster Hawk has begun to drop feathers at the spot where it lands when it falls from the sky.
- Successfully hunting down the Hawk will grant you a small amount of Supreme Lightweight Plumes.
● Fixed the issue where Saunil Siege Captain summoned at the dark rift wouldn't return to its original position after leaving its combat range.
● Improved to allow a character that has not yet done the Atoraxxion main questline to be able to enter Atoraxxion through the Ancient Stone Chamber Sol Magia NPC upon completion of the quest, "[Atoraxxion] Vaha's Time Capsule" that can be accepted once per family during the Atoraxxion: Vahmalkea main quest.
- However, when your Sage is doing the awakening questline, parts of the secret path where the Sol Magia NPC located in the Ancient Stone Chamber could be closed, depending on how much of the questline has been done. Please note that the chamber will open again when you complete your Sage's awakening questline.
● Added a dialog to an NPC that guides you out of Vahmalkea when you Interact with an NPC in each area of Atoraxxion: Vahmalkea. You can now know the location of the nearest NPC that guides you out of the area and into another by talking to the following NPCs:
|Vaha's Sky||Vaha's Sky - Sol Magia|
|Vaha's Storm||Vaha's Storm - Sol Magia|
|Vaha's Heart||Vaha's Heart - Sol Magia, Atoraxxion Exchange|
|Vaha's Head||Vaha's Head - Sol Magia|
|Vaha's Garden||Vaha's Garden - Sol Magia|
|Vaha's Paradise||Vaha's Time Capsule|
- The changes made to the content of the quests are as the following:
|Before||After||Quest Requirements After Change||Quest Objectives After Change|
|[Elvia] Burning Valtarra||[Elvia] Young Ancient Spirits||Complete [Elvia] A Friendly Face OR [Elvia] War of Nerves||Meet a Young Ancient Spirit in the Elvia Realm|
|[Elvia] Torrential Okiara||[Elvia] Blessing of the Ancient Spirits||Complete [Elvia] Young Ancient Spirits||Speak to Lejenti|
|[Elvia] Thunderous Narc||[Elvia] Lejenti's Relief||Complete [Elvia] Blessing of the Ancient Spirits||Speak to Lejenti|
● Changed the main questline to no longer be selectable through Alustin via interaction while the crossroads quest window for choosing the simplified main questline is displayed.
● Changed Jordine to disappear at a more natural point during the quest "Confronting Jordine."
● Improved the start and end of the reminiscence dialog between Martha and Lafi that you can see after accepting the quest "[Atoraxxion] Too Adventurous" to appear more natural so that it feels like a reminiscence.
● Improved Yaz's movement of reading Martha's Journal to appear more natural in the quest dialog for "[Atoraxxion] Talibre's Tear."
Conquest War, Node War
● Increased the damage of your horse's hits by 10% when dealt on a wooden fence or a wooden fence gates during a Node/Conquest War.
● Increased the damage of your guild elephant's basic skills, Horn Attack, Charge Attack, and Fore Chop hits by 10% when dealt upon a wooden fence or wooden fence gate during a Node/Conquest War.
● Changed to display info of the passengers mounted upon an ogre or a troll in Conquest Wars.
● Changed the maximum number of Flame Towers you can construct from 3 to 2 in a Tier 4 Node War.
● Changed the maximum number of Elephant Nurseries you can construct from 2 to 1 in a Tier 4 Node War.
● Added the Flimsy Barricade and Flimsy Wooden Fence items to Node/Conquest Wars.
● Simplified all the annex-related items that are used in Node/Conquest Wars into one item.
- You can now build all annexes including Hwachas and Flame Towers with an "Annex Construction Tool."
- When you use this item, a new window opens where you can select an annex and choose what you want to build from the window.
- An annex suitable for your current level (Node Tier and so on) will automatically be displayed on the new UI.
- You can purchase an "Annex Construction Tool" from the Guild Military Supply Shop with 1,000,000 from the guild fund. Due to this, all the annex-related items in different tiers that were sold at the Guild Military Supply Shop were removed.
- When you construct your desired annex, the used Annex Construction Tool disappears. This item does not stack in your Inventory.
* The following UI will be added so that you can use it on a Gamepad:
● Changed the selling price of all the annex-related items previously owned and used in Node/Conquest Wars to match the price you purchased them at.
- The actual item names of the changed annexes are as the following:
|[Guild] Siege Defense Tower (Conquest War)
[Guild] Wooden Fence (Conquest War)
[Guild] Medium Siege Tower Factory (Conquest War)
[Guild] Large Siege Tower Factory (Conquest War)
[Guild] Ballista Workshop (Conquest War)
[Guild] Barricade (Tier 1)
[Guild] Barricade (Tier 2)
[Guild] Barricade (Tier 3)
[Guild] Barricade (Tier 4)
[Guild] Barricade (Conquest War)
[Guild] Recovery Center (Tier 1)
[Guild] Recovery Center (Tier 2)
[Guild] Recovery Center (Tier 3)
[Guild] Recovery Center (Tier 4)
[Guild] Recovery Center (Conquest War)
[Guild] Cannon Observatory (Tier 1)
[Guild] Cannon Observatory (Tier 2)
[Guild] Cannon Observatory (Tier 3)
[Guild] Cannon Observatory (Tier 4)
[Guild] Cannon Observatory (Conquest War)
[Guild] Elephant Nursery (Tier 1)
[Guild] Elephant Nursery (Tier 2)
[Guild] Elephant Nursery (Tier 3)
[Guild] Elephant Nursery (Tier 4)
[Guild] Elephant Nursery (Conquest War)
[Guild] Flame Tower (Tier 1)
[Guild] Flame Tower (Tier 2)
[Guild] Flame Tower (Tier 3)
[Guild] Flame Tower (Tier 4)
[Guild] Flame Tower (Conquest War)
[Guild] Hwacha (Tier 1)
[Guild] Hwacha (Tier 2)
[Guild] Hwacha (Tier 3)
[Guild] Hwacha (Tier 4)
[Guild] Hwacha (Conquest War)
[Guild] Supply Depot (Tier 1)
[Guild] Supply Depot (Tier 2)
[Guild] Supply Depot (Tier 3)
[Guild] Supply Depot (Tier 4)
[Guild] Supply Depot (Conquest War)
[Guild] Wooden Fence Gate (Tier 1)
[Guild] Wooden Fence Gate (Tier 2)
[Guild] Wooden Fence Gate (Tier 3)
[Guild] Wooden Fence Gate (Tier 4)
[Guild] Wooden Fence Gate (Conquest War)
[Guild] Indomitable Flag Factory (Tier 1)
[Guild] Indomitable Flag Factory (Tier 2)
[Guild] Indomitable Flag Factory (Tier 3)
[Guild] Indomitable Flag Factory (Tier 4)
[Guild] Indomitable Flag Factory (Conquest War)
[Guild] Flimsy Barricade (Tier 1)
[Guild] Flimsy Barricade (Tier 2)
[Guild] Flimsy Barricade (Tier 3)
[Guild] Flimsy Barricade (Tier 4)
[Guild] Flimsy Barricade (Conquest War)
[Guild] Flimsy Wooden Fence
- War Heroes who had participated in Conquest Wars but didn't claim their participation rewards especially after their contract had expired post August 4 (Wed) maintenance will now see those rewards issued through ingame mail (B) on August 25, 2021 maintenance.
● Added a Skill Filter to the Skill (K) window to make it easier to find skills with debuff and smash effects including Black Spirit skills, Skill Add-ons, Stun, and Stiffness.
- Pressing the button on the upper left of the Skill List and selecting the type of Skill Filter will add an emphasizing effect on the skill.
● Added text that confirms if you want to return a fence when attempting to return an installed fence.
● Improved the mouse cursor to make it easier to distinguish where the cursor will click.
● Added text that provides a guide on the function of each button when hovering your mouse over the Function button on the bottom left of the Beauty (F4) window.
● Changed the Edit History UI to open so that you can check your edit history when changing the settings after opening the Beauty (F4) window.
● Increased the size of the scroll buttons on the following UIs:
Guild Member Status
Node War/Conquest War Status
● Changed the number of search results displayed on the Search Filter/City list on the upper left of the World Map (M) from 6 to 8 results.
● Added, changed, and fixed the following found in the Friend List (N) UI:
- Added a description to the button for detaching the window on the Friend List (N) window.
- Added a notification to display when getting a new friend request from the Friend List (N) window.
- Added a description to the accept/reject buttons in the Friend Requests UI.
- Changed to add friends by inputting names depending on how viewing the character name/family name is set.
- Changed the main 1:1 Chat window to open when you press the notification for messages from friends.
- Changed to display up to 3 notifications for 1:1 chats with friends.
- Fixed the issue where the Transfer/Party buttons would not be spaced properly when adjusting the size of the detached 1:1 Chat window.
- Fixed the issue where the scroll button would not work properly when adjusting the size of the detached 1:1 Chat window.
- Changed an animation to not appear for a notification when getting a message from the same friend.
● Fixed the issue where the Wiki/Adventurer's Board would be displayed over the Pearl Shop window when the Pearl Shop (F3) was opened simultaneously with the Wiki (F1)/Adventurer's Board (F2).
● Fixed the issue where maximizing the Black Desert launcher after logging in and having minimized it would cause the official website button to appear abnormal.
● Added a filter to sort GM Notes by date posted and most recent.
● Adjusted the size of the looping cutscene on the official website.
● Adjusted the size of the game client posted on the official Black Desert website's downloads page.
● Added NA and EU tags to the Guild & Friend forums on the official Black Desert website.
● Improved parts of the forums and the Adventurer's Board UI.
● Fixed the issue where you couldn't determine the original poster of a post on the forum page of the Adventurer's Board ingame.
● Improved parts of the sign up page UI.
Modified or Changed
● Fixed the issue where the tooltip for the icon on the upper right of the Guild Rank window would appear abnormally.
● Fixed the issue where certain backgrounds of the Oquilla's Eye would appear unnatural.
● Fixed the issue where the sound effects for the intro clip and Kzarka cut scene were still on after turning it off from the settings.
● Fixed the issue where the number of Marni's Stones would not refresh when setting the Marni's Stones on the Item Count window from which you can check the number of collected items such as loot or Marni's Stones.
● Fixed the issue where you couldn't check the number of collected items from the Item Count window when using the Gamepad UI.
● Fixed the issue where you couldn't instantly use an item as soon as it finishes its cooldown.
Fixed the issue where the interaction to loot items off dead monsters would remain even after the monster was looted
● Fixed the issue where the UI appeared abnormal when opening Custom Settings from the Settings menu.
● Fixed the issue where you could meet the Black Spirit Pass requirements with a normal character.
● Fixed the issue where a description would not appear on the Reset button when searching on the Central Market sale tab.
● Fixed the issue where the effect when placing items to be combined in the Inventory (I) does not appear.
● Fixed the issue where attempting to accept Season Pass rewards without any empty slots in your inventory would make items appear abnormally.
● Fixed the typo on the description for the waiting time when changing servers.
● Fixed the issue where the tooltip would keep reappearing when hovering your mouse over the Obtain Black Spirit's Adventure button.
● Fixed the issue where changing the appearance of your Berserker's forehead after wearing [Event] Pirate Bandana would make it look unnatural.
● Fixed the issue where a scroll wouldn't appear when the description on the Guild Skill UI was long.
● Fixed the issue where the following outfit would appear abnormal in certain situations:
- [Hashashin] Marine Romance, [Sage] Marine Romance outfits
● Fixed the issue where a notification would be displayed to a guild member on another server when logging out in Privacy Mode.
[Updates] Update Details - September 2, 2021 Update Details - September 2, 2021 Sep 2, 2021 (UTC)
[Updates] Patch Notes - September 1, 2021 Patch Notes - September 1, 2021 Sep 1, 2021 (UTC)
[Updates] Update Details - August 20, 2021 Update Details - August 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021 (UTC)
[Updates] Update Details - August 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021 (UTC)