Here are the latest update details for Black Desert Online on September 15, 2021 (Wed). Today’s patch contains 145 updates and is approximately 1.46 GB.
● The 2021 Summer Season ends with the September 15, 2021 (Wed) maintenance, at which time all Summer Season Characters will be converted to "Normal Characters."
- Please refer to [End of the 2021 Summer Season] for more details.
* Adventurers who aren't able to complete the graduation quest will find Fughar's Letter of Encouragement and Gift Box Full of Memories in their Mail (B).
● Season+ has begun! Thus, the number of maximum character slots have been expanded to 25 slots.
- Black Desert's Season Servers help new adventurers to settle in quickly and help them rapidly level up.
* The conditions for connecting to the Season-1 (Novice Only) are as follows:
|New Adventurer with a total character level of 150 or below||Adventurers logging in within 30 days (720 hours) of creating their family|
|Returning Adventurer with a total character level of 150 or below||Total character level of your family is 150 or below, Adventurers logging in within 30 days (720 hours) in-game and haven't used the web Central Market|
* These are the conditions to connect to the NA_Season1 (Novice Only) server as of September 15, 2021 (Wed) maintenance.
- Only season characters may enter the season servers.
- Season characters cannot use Combat/Skill EXP Exchange Coupons.
- You can use the same mounts, pets, and fairies on the season server as the normal server. However, season characters cannot mount Dream Horses.
- You can get increased EXP, Season Leveling Aid Boxes when reaching certain levels, Secret Book of the Misty Breeze that grants extra Skill Points, and other benefits in the season servers.
- Season characters cannot equip normal gear, but they can equip "Naru" and season-exclusive "Tuvala" gear. "Naru" gear can be obtained by completing the main questline (from the very beginning to Mediah) from Lv. 1 – Lv. 55. Season characters can equip gear that have the following icons:
- Season characters can exchange PEN (V) Naru gear for PRI (I) Tuvala gear via [Crow Merchants Guild Chief Manager] Fughar, as such gear will help you continue your adventure onward to new horizons.
- You can obtain Tuvala gear by enhancing Naru gear up to PEN (V) from the NPC Fughar. Tuvala gear is a high-performing gear that will help you progress through the game. They can only be obtained in the Season Servers and can be enhanced using Time-filled Black Stones, Tuvala Ores, and Refined Magical Black Stones. Tuvala gear can be enhanced up to PEN (V).
* Unclaimed seasonal challenge (Y) rewards will be deleted once the season ends.
* Season exclusive items obtainable during the season will also be deleted once the season ends.
* Season characters cannot accept quests for obtaining Narchillan gear and cannot equip Narchillan gear.
* You can check details on the Season+ by going to [[GM Notes] Find Out What Season+ Has to Offer!].
● Take Tuvala Ores that you obtain by killing monsters to a blacksmith in a major city to exchange for a season character exclusive Tuvala gear.
- You can obtain Tuvala Ores by defeating monsters in the Valencia, Kamasylvia, Drieghan, and O'dyllita monster zones.
● Tuvala gear require a special black stone called the 'Time-filled Black Stone' to enhance.
- Time-filled Black Stones can be obtained from anywhere in Black Desert.
● Time-filled Black Stones can be exchanged through Fughar for a variety of enhancement-related materials.
● Reaching Lv. 60 and Lv. 61 with a season character will fulfill challenges (Y) where you can get a PEN (V) Tuvala Ring x1 and a PEN (V) Tuvala Earring x1.
● Season characters are able to use Girgo Viano's Ellie's (Fixed) Oasis Shop, but season characters cannot equip Oasis exclusive gear.
● Add the item "[Season] Rift's Roots" to be dropped in monster zones in Valencia, Kamasylvia, Drieghan, and O'dyllita territory.
- The item "[Season] Rift's Roots" can be exchanged through Fughar for items useful to progressing your character.
● Added the Season Pass where special rewards can be obtained when a season character completes certain objectives.
- The Black Desert Season Pass can be viewed by clicking on the banner left of the minimap and the Inventory (I) window.
- Rewards that can help your character progress will be given each time an objective is completed.
- You can also purchase the Black Spirit Pass in the Pearl Shop (F3) to get even more rewards.
- When proceeding with the simplified main questline, talk to the Black Spirit (,) after completing each chapter of Fughar's Memorandum to complete each Season Pass objective.
● Added the items "[Season] Crow Merchants Guild Contribution Certificate I/II." 15 of these items can each be obtained through the Season Pass and the Black Spirit Pass. They can be used to complete daily quests from Fughar.
- The rewards obtainable by completing the daily quest with the items "[Season] Crow Merchants Guild Contribution Certificate I/II" are the same and are listed below.
[Season] Crow Merchants Guild Contribution Certificate I
[Season] Crow Merchants Guild Contribution Certificate II
● Added the item, "[Season] Sunset Maple Leaf." You can obtain this item by opening a Leveling Aid Box that you obtain as a season pass reward, and can exchange it for the following items via the NPC, Velia [Chief] Igor Bartali.
● Changed the success rates for enhancing Tuvala gear and accessories.
- The changed enhancement success rates for Tuvala gear are as follows:
|Enhancement Level||Current Chance||Current Success Rate||Changed Success Rate|
- The changed enhancement success rates for Tuvala accessories are as follows:
|Enhancement Level||Current Chance||Current Success Rate||Changed Success Rate|
● Changed Tuvala Ores to be usable for repairing Tuvala gear to max durability.
● Added information on the how and where to obtain Time-filled Black Stone, Tuvala Ore, and Refined Magical Black Stone to their respective item descriptions.
● Changed the amount of Refined Magical Black Stones consumed for guaranteed enhancement of Tuvala weapons and defense gear as follows:
|+15 → PRI (I)||x10||x10|
|PRI (I) → DUO (II)||x20||x15|
|DUO (II) → TRI (III)||x30||x20|
● Changed the amount of Max Durability consumed for guaranteed enhancement of Tuvala weapons and defense gear with Refined Magical Black Stones.
- Changed the type of accessories dropped from defeating Kavali summoned from the Rift's Echo.
|Unenhanced Tuvala accessory
PRI (I) Tuvala accessory
|DUO (II) Tuvala accessory|
● Changed the "[Season] Beyond the Limits" quest acceptable via the Black Spirit as follows:
|Requirements Before||Requirements After|
|Season character who has completed the Mediah main questline||
Beginner Black Stone (Weapon) x100
Beginner Black Stone (Armor) x200
|Requirements After||Rewards After|
|Season character who has either completed the Mediah main questline OR the simplified main questline up to Fughar's Memorandum - Chapter 8||
Time-filled Black Stone x100
■ A Close Look at Season Exclusive Quests and Content!
● Added a "simplified main questline" that our Adventurers can select. However, this questline is only available during the season server. You cannot select the questline once the season ends.
- The simplified questline will be available to a season character that has completed the entire Mediah main questline and completed the quest "[Pet] Bareeds Junaid" from Bareeds III at least once.
- Once your season character reaches Velia through the main questline and completes the quest "The Sage of Velia," go to Alustin in Velia to start the simplified questline by accepting the quest "[Special Growth] Birth of a Prestigious Family."
- You will not be able to proceed with the Balenos, Serendia, Calpheon, and Mediah main questlines upon accepting this quest. Instead, you will be able to level freely and receive rewards for reaching certain levels.
- The last quest of the simplified questline, a character who has completed "[Season] Fughar's Memorandum - Chapter 11," will have fulfilled the same prerequisites as a character who has completed the Mediah main questline and allow them to start the Valencia questline.
- Additionally, when progressing through each of the quests, the character will get inventory expansion quests and certain regular quests.
- When you select the simplified main questline by accepting "[Special Growth] Birth of a Prestigious Family" from the NPC Alustin during the main questline, you can talk to the Black Spirit to complete the Season Pass after reaching the objective for each Fughar's Memorandum.
* You cannot accept the normal main questline once you've accepted the simplified main questline from the crossroads quest.
● Once you complete the weekly quest for defeating monsters in each monster zone, you can obtain Rift's Echo x1 and select one of the following rewards: Time-filled Black Stone x600, Tuvala Ore x90, or Refined Magical Black Stone x40.
- You can accept the following weekly quests from a Node Manager of each monster zone marked via the "[Season] Stronger Tuvala Gear" quests on the Quest (O) window -> Recurring tab.
- [Weekly] Hordes of Bandits
- [Weekly] Full-scale Cleaning of the Tshira Ruins
● You can use the season-exclusive Red Battlefield in Season+.
- You cannot enter the season battlefield with a normal character.
● Season characters can accept the "[Season Daily] Join the Red Battlefield!" quest in the season battlefield.
- You can accept this quest from the Red Battlefield NPC Daz and obtain the following rewards:
[Season Daily] Join the Red Battlefield!
● Season characters can use a season-exclusive Atoraxxion.
- Season characters will automatically enter the season-exclusive Atoraxxion on the season servers.
- Seasonal Atoraxxion is recommended for Adventurers who have Tuvala gear enhanced to DUO (II) or higher.
● Season characters can accept the season-exclusive Atoraxxion weekly quest.
|Quest Name||Starting NPC||Objectives||Completion NPC||
Vestige of a Rift Bestowed by Vaha
|Fughar||Conquer Atoraxxion: Vahmalkea, then examine Vaha's Time Capsule||Vaha's Time Capsule||
Vahmalkea: Rift Chest
* The above quest can be accepted and completed by season characters who are Lv. 60 or higher.
- The requirements to enter Atoraxxion: Vahmalkea are as follows:
* Completed the "Invitation from I" Black Spirit main questline
* Have achieved either Succession or Awakening
* Can enter once the "[5-person Co-op] The Last Stronghold, Atoraxxion" main quest has been accepted.
- You can obtain the following items from the Vahmalkea: Rift Chest:
▼ According to a Set Probability:
● You can also complete Atoraxxion: Vahmalkea challenges on Season+.
- Atoraxxion: Vahmalkea challenges can be completed once per family.
- Once you've defeated Apex Urukios of Atoraxxion: Vahmalkea and learned its knowledge, relog with the same character to complete the challenge and claim your reward.
- You can proceed with the following challenge on the season server:
|[Season] On the Lucretia Dagger!||Defeat Apex Urukios of Atoraxxion: Vahmalkea and learn the "On the Lucretia Dagger" knowledge||Vahmalkea: Rift Chest x1|
* You can complete this challenge by defeating Apex Urukios on the season server, then learning the "On the Lucretia Dagger" knowledge.
* The "[Season] On the Lucretia Dagger!" challenge can only be completed by season characters during a season.
● Successfully enhance a Tuvala defense gear or weapon to TRI (III) or TET (IV) to receive the following Advice of Valks from Fughar:
- Successfully enhance Tuvala gear to TRI (III) and (IV) to obtain Advice of Valks (+40) and (+60) through the following quests:
* [Enhancement] Even Harder Tuvala Helmet I, II
* [Enhancement] Even Sturdier Tuvala Armor I, II
* [Enhancement] Even Tougher Tuvala Gloves I, II
* [Enhancement] Even Swifter Tuvala Shoes I, II
* [Enhancement] Even Stronger Tuvala Main Weapon I , II
* [Enhancement] Even Fancier Tuvala Sub-weapon I , II
* [Enhancement] Even Sharper Tuvala Awakening Weapon I , II
● Season characters can accept the following quests from the Black Spirit after proceeding with the main questlines of Valencia, Kamasylvia, Drieghan, and O'dyllita to obtain some Tuvala enhancing materials.
- [Season] Rabam's Gift
- [Season] Sahazad's Gift
- [Season] Weekly monster quests
- [Season] Brolina's Gift
- [Season] Durgeff's Gift
- [Season] Hughol's Gift
- [Season] Arethel's Gift
● Season characters can obtain copies of the Secret Book of the Misty Breeze, which grants a large amount of Skill EXP, from the Black Spirit after completing the main questlines of Balenos, Serendia, Calpheon, and Mediah.
- [Season Server] First Step to Greatness, Balenos
- [Season Server] Into the Tangled World, Serendia
- [Season Server] Fate, Justice, and Power, Calpheon
- [Season Server] Fixer of Turbulent Times, Mediah
* If you're proceeding with the simplified main questline, you can obtain the aforementioned secret books each time you complete a chapter of Fughar's Memorandum.
● Added special zone quests in certain regions like Valencia, Kamasylvia, and Drieghan with the start of Season+.
- Zone quests will be accepted automatically when you enter a monster zone and meet the level requirement. Your quest progression will be displayed on the top right side of the screen. These quests have rewards that can help you in your adventures.
- The level requirements are different depending on the difficulty of the monster zone. The quests provide different rewards based on the difficulty of the monster zones.
|Monster Zone||Level Requirement|
|Bashim Base||Lv. 56 or higher|
|Desert Naga Temple||Lv. 56 or higher|
|Titium Valley||Lv. 56 or higher|
|Cadry Ruins||Lv. 57 or higher|
|Gahaz Bandit's Lair||Lv. 57 or higher|
|Crescent Shrine||Lv. 57 or higher|
|Tshira Ruins||Lv. 57 or higher|
|Fadus Habitat||Lv. 57 or higher|
|Protty Cave||Lv. 57 or higher|
|Polly's Forest||Lv. 58 or higher|
|Waragon Nest||Lv. 58 or higher|
|Taphtar Plain||Lv. 60 or higher|
|Basilisk Den||Lv. 60 or higher|
|Roud Sulfur Mine||Lv. 60 or higher|
|Pila Ku Jail||Lv. 60 or higher|
|Sherekhan Necropolis||Lv. 60 or higher|
|Blood Wolf Settlement||Lv. 60 or higher|
|Forest Ronaros Area||Lv. 60 or higher|
|Navarn Steppe||Lv. 60 or higher|
|Manshaum Forest||Lv. 60 or higher|
* Certain season-related quests will not count towards your total number of quests completed.
● You can also use the "Frozen Tides Black Stone" in Season+. You can obtain this item through a variety of means such as the Season Pass and from the seasonal Atoraxxion. This item will grant 100% guaranteed enhancement of Tuvala gear (excluding accessories) from TET (IV) to PEN (V).
- Fughar's Timepiece can be obtained once per family by completing the quest '[Season+] Fughar's Special Timepiece' from Fughar with a Lv. 25 or higher season character.
- Fughar's Timepiece can be used in a normal server on a Lv. 25 or higher season character that has all their gear unequipped. The transfer can be completed with a Lv. 25 or lower normal character within the family.
- Once the transferal is complete, all seasonal privileges will be transferred to the normal character, who will also gain the total Combat/Skill EXP of the season character.
- Upon using the Transferal, you will move to the Select a Character window, and your character will obtain 3 types of Tuvala Weapon Exchange Coupons: Tuvala Main Weapon Exchange Coupon, Tuvala Sub-weapon Exchange Coupon, and Tuvala Awakening Exchange Coupon. This will allow you to change the weapons into those suitable for your class.
* Tuvala Weapon Exchange Coupons cannot be used on Tuvala gear that were converted with the Conversion Stones and are equipped by normal characters.
● Changed the following monster zones to be party monster zones for the duration of Season+.
|Monster Zone||Recommended Party Size||Recommended Gear|
|Waragon Nest||3 members||PRI (I) - DUO (II) enhanced Tuvala gear|
|Basilisk Den||DUO (II) - TRI (III) enhanced Tuvala gear|
|Shultz Guard||TRI (III) - PEN (V) enhanced Tuvala gear|
* You can check the number of recommended party members from the World Map (M). Rights to items dropped from defeated monsters will be set according to the number of recommended party members.
* These monster zones will return back to their previous state once Season+ ends.
● Added the season server exclusive content "Ancient Weapon Invasion."
- There were reports that Ancient Weapons have appeared in Mediah and Valencia regions and are wrecking the place. Hence the Capital Guards of Altinova and Valencia are recruiting adventurers to stop these Ancient Weapons.
- Defeat the monsters of the Mediah and Valencia Monster Zones in a Season Server and there is a set chance that the Ancient Weapon Invasion event will start.
- A warning message will appear when the Ancient Weapon Invasion event starts. 5 minutes after that, several Ancient Weapons will appear. The more adventurers there are nearby, the more Ancient Weapons will appear.
- Defeat all Ancient Weapons as well as the boss to get the loot listed below.
- There will be penalty for death while fighting the Ancient Weapons.
|Time-filled Black Stone
Refined Magical Black Stone
Sharp Spirit Stone of Destruction
Sharp Spirit Stone of Protection
Tuvala Accessory Box
|Enchanted Scroll (+20)
Enchanted Scroll (+30)
Enchanted Scroll (+40)
Gold Bar 1G
Gold Bar 10G
Gold Bar 100G
Soiled Ogre Ring
* You may obtain one Tuvala Accessory enhanced up to DUO (II) from the Tuvala Accessory Box.
● Level Up for a Game Pass! event has started.
- September 15, 2021 (Wed) after maintenance - October 6, 2021 (Wed) 23:59 (UTC)
This is your chance to get Black Desert for FREE!
It’s super easy! All you have to do is reach Lv. 50 and you’ll get the Game Pass!
● Catching Skippity Hoppity Choppy event has started.
- September 15, 2021 (Wed) after maintenance – September 28, 2021 (Tue) 23:59
Some adorable Choppies have been sighted jumping around near Velia! (◞˃ᆺ˂)◞
Let’s feed them some fresh carrots and bring them to Lorenzo Murray for some sweets!
● Islin's Lost Gift Box event has started.
- September 15, 2012 (Wed) after maintenance – September 29 (Wed) before maintenance
Islin Bartali prepared some gift boxes for the Velia residents, but the gifts have gone missing!
Perhaps a greedy monster snatched them away? Maybe they fell into the sea? Or what if they got lost in the bushes?
● Season+ Level Up Rewards! event has started.
- September 15, 2021 (Wed) after maintenance – November 10, 2021 (Wed) before maintenance
Level up your Season+ character and get tons of rewards to help you progress your character’s growth!
● 24-Hour Hot Time Starts Now! event has started.
- September 15, 2021 (Wed) after maintenance - September 23, 2021 (Thu)
It’s a four-part Hot Time event with Item Drop Rate +50%, Life EXP +50%, Combat EXP +300%, and Skill EXP +50%
Jump into the Black Desert world now and don’t miss out!
● Autumn’s Special Login Rewards! event has started.
- September 16, 2021 (Thu) 00:00 – October 13, 2021 (Wed) 23:59
We’ve prepared some special login rewards to celebrate the start of Season+! Make sure to log in every day to get all the daily rewards!
● Season Pass (feat. Sunset Maple Leaves) event has started.
- September 15, 2021 (Wed) after maintenance – December 1, 2021 (Wed) before maintenance
This Season+ brings with it a new Season Pass and Sunset Maple Leaves! Let’s check out the rewards together!
The Season Pass is available in-game via the Black Spirit button located at the left of the minimap. It is meant to help Adventurers progress through the game by providing milestone rewards for experiencing the diverse content offered by Black Desert.
● The Journey for Treasure! event has started.
- September 15, 2021 (Wed) after maintenance - October 6, 2021 (Wed) before maintenance
Until you can hold them in your hands... the journey for treasure always continues on!
● 100 Loyalties Shop event has started.
- September 15, 2021 (Wed) after maintenance – October 31, 2021 (Sun) 23:59
We’re celebrating the start of Season+ with a special 100 Loyalties Shop! There’s a new deal every day, so make sure to check out the Pearl Shop and get them for 100 Loyalties before they’re gone!
New and Improvements
● Star's Ring - Fixed the issue where the stars summoned by the skill would sometimes not disappear when summoning them with Fuse Gravity.
● Star's Ring - Fixed the issue where the stars summoned by the skill would move abnormally when they couldn't return to Nova.
● Star's Call, Frozen Ring - Fixed the issue where Fuse Gravity would start and the skill effect would be applied even when there were no summoned stars after using the skill.
● Changed the recovery of Odore's Spirit Essence from 325 to 375 and the cooldown from 6 seconds to 5 seconds, which is the same for the Instant MP Potion (Extra Large).
● Combined MP, WP, SP Recovery potions into a single item.
- You cannot purchase a WP, SP Recovery potion from a Shop or obtain via Exchange due to the combination of the MP, WP, SP Recovery potions. You can still use the existing WP, SP Recovery potions that you own.
- Changed to recover the proper MP, WP, SP for each class when using one of the MP, WP, SP Recovery potions.
● Changed a text in the item description for Magic Crystal of Infinity - MP Recovery from recover MP to recover MP/WP/SP.
● Changed the cooldown for an herbal juice from 6 seconds to 5 seconds, and changed the Refined Herbal Juice to now recover MP/WP/SP +375 instead of the previous +325.
● Changed the cooldown for WP, SP Recovery potions and Instant MP Recovery potions from 6 seconds to 5 seconds and recovery of Extra Large potions from 325 to 375.
- Changed the sale price of the WP, SP potions listed on the Shop so that they can be sold at the same price that they were purchased at.
● Added loot you can obtain when defeating monsters in each region.
|Blood Wolf Settlement||
Blood Wolf's Oath
* When defeating Afuarus that appear in the aforementioned regions, you can obtain the respective loot in each region according to a certain probability.
● Added loot that you can obtain from tanning after defeating some monsters in the following region:
* You can obtain loot for each region according to a certain probability for loot you can obtain when defeating Afuarus that appear in the aforementioned regions.
● [Eldest Spirit] Merindora of Grána will give the following items that can only be used by a Great Adventurer in possession of 100 items obtained in monster zones.
- You will only need to show the 100 items you obtained to Merindora, and they will NOT be consumed or disappear.
|Items to Show||Item Obtained|
Tranquil Tinniolum x100
Forest's Whisper x1
Blood Wolf's Oath x100
Crimson Breath of Resentment x1
Dragon's Fang x100
Dragon's Roar x1
Katzvariak's Venom x100
Markthanan's Greed x1
Valtarra's Memory x100
Valtarra's Nail x1
Narc's Solace x100
Narc's Tear x1
● Added Processing(L) - Simple Alchemy to the following items.
Ash Halfmoon Kagtunak
Narc's Crimson Tear
* You can obtain Ornette's Spirit Essence using the aformentioned items via the following method:
* You can obtain Ornette's Spirit Essence using the aforementioned items via the following method.
● [Eldest Spirit] Merindora of Grána has begun to give out Everlasting Water to Adventurers who only have some of the items needed to craft Ornette's Spirit Essence, which include Sherekhan's Panacea, Ron's Tintinnabulum, and Ash Halfmoon Kagtunak.
- You can craft a Blessed Spirit Essence by adding Everlasting Water to Sherekhan's Panacea, Ron's Tintinnabulum, OR Ash Halfmoon Kagtunak.
* A Spirit Essence with the "Ancient" tag is one crafted with materials obtained from defeating monsters.
Arrange into the shape of [-] in Inventory
- You can craft a Greater Blessed Spirit Essence by combining one of the two crafting materials that remain after crafting Ornette's Spirit Essence with a Blessed Spirit Essence.
One of the two
Arrange into the shape of [-] in Inventory
- You can accept the same quest from which you can craft an Ornette's Spirit Essence by going to Merindora with a Greater Blessed Spirit Essence and one type of remaining material.
One of the
● Added "Ornette's Spirit Essence," a quest that you can accept from Merindora when you have one of the crafting materials for Greater Blessed Spirit Essence or materials left after crafting Ornette's Spirit Essence in your inventory.
- You can accept the existing quest when you have all of the three types of items: Sherekhan's Panacea, Ron's Tintinnabulum, and Ash Halfmoon Kagtunak.
- If you are doing or have completed one of the two types of quests, you cannot accept a different quest and the rewards will be the same.
● Changed the names of the following items that you can obtain from defeating monsters.
|Sherekhan's Panacea||Ancient Sherekhan's Panacea|
|Valtarra's Clairvoyance||Ancient Valtarra's Clairvoyance|
|Narc's Crimson Tear||Ancient Narc's Crimson Tear|
|Ron's Tintinnabulum||Ancient Ron's Tintinnabulum|
|Ash Halfmoon Kagtunak||Ancient Ash Halfmoon Kagtunak|
|Markthanan's Gland||Ancient Markthanan's Gland|
* The items you obtain from defeating monsters will have the "Ancient" tag.
* Materials or Spirit Essences with the "Ancient" tag can only be crafted via items with the "Ancient" tag, and in this case, you can obtain a Spirit Essence with the "Ancient" tag.
For instance, when crafting an Ancient Blessed Spirit Essence by combining an Ancient Sherekhan's Panacea with Everlasting Water, you can use an Ancient Ron's Tintinnabulum to craft it. However, you cannot use a Ron's Tintinnabulum without the "Ancient" tag to craft an Ancient Blessed Spirit Essence.
* You can only craft a normal, higher-tier Spirit Essence using a material or Spirit Essence that does not have the “Ancient” tag. As such, if you want to craft a higher-tier Spirit Essence with materials that have the “Ancient” tag, you can exchange the “Ancient” version of the item with the [Eldest Spirit] Merindora Grána to get the normal item without the “Ancient” tag. However, you will not be able to obtain the "Dawnwish Petal" or "Duskwish Petal" as any Ornette's Spirit Essence crafted this way will not be the Ancient version." (Updated)
|For example, when you want to craft an Ornette's Spirit Essence with a Ron's Tintinnabulum without the "Ancient" tag while having an Ancient Ash Halfmoon Kagtunak and an Ancient Sherekhan's Panacea in your inventory, you can go to the NPC Merindora by Exchanging them for one without the "Ancient" tag.|
● You can exchange an "Ancient" item for one without the tag by going to [Eldest Spirit] Merindora of Grána.
|Required Item||Exchanged Item|
|Ancient Sherekhan's Panacea||Sherekhan's Panacea|
|Ancient Valtarra's Clairvoyance||Valtarra's Clairvoyance|
|Ancient Narc's Crimson Tear||Narc's Crimson Tear|
|Ancient Ron's Tintinnabulum||Ron's Tintinnabulum|
|Ancient Ash Halfmoon Kagtunak||Ash Halfmoon Kagtunak|
|Ancient Markthanan's Gland||Markthanan's Gland|
|Ancient Blessed Spirit Essence||Blessed Spirit Essence|
● Added the quests, "Dawnwish Petal" and "Duskwish Petal" to be acceptable once per family from the NPC, [Eldest Spirit] Merindora of Grána.
|Acceptance Requirement||Completion Reward|
An Adventurer who has an Ornette's Spirit Essence crafted from an "Ancient" crafting material before maintenance on October 6, 2021 (Wed).
An Adventurer who has an Odore's Spirit Essence crafted from an "Ancient" crafting material before maintenance on October 6, 2021 (Wed).
- The petal items can be used via Processing (L) to brand your family name onto Ornette's Spirit Essence and Odore's Spirit Essence, in addition to changing their item names.
- The following function will be added depending on each of the processing methods including Heating and Simple Alchemy when Processing each Petal and Spirit Essence.
* However, the Petal that you use for Processing will disappear, which means you can use only one of the following: Heating OR Simple Alchemy.
Ornette's Spirit Essence
Use Heating with Powder of Flame x1
* The crafter's family name is branded onto the item.
Use Simple Alchemy with Powder of Time x1
* The crafter's family name is branded on the item the name is changed as above.
Odore's Spirit Essence
Use Heating with Powder of Flame x1
* The crafter's family name is branded onto the item.
Use Simple Alchemy with Powder of Time x1
* The crafter's family name is branded on the item the name is changed as above.
● Added a title you can obtain when you have an Ornette's Spirit Essence or Odore's Spirit Essence in your inventory. The quest for this title can be accepted from Merindora if the aforementioned items are in your inventory.
- You can accept and complete the quest, "Herald of Dawn I" from the NPC, Merindora, to obtain a blue title, [Herald of Dawn], when you have an Ornette's Spirit Essence or an Ornette's Spirit Essence processed with a Dawnwish Petal.
- You can accept and complete the quest, "Herald of Dusk I" from the NPC, Merindora, to obtain a blue title, [Herald of Dusk], when you have an Odore's Spirit Essence or an Odore's Spirit Essence processed with a Duskwish Petal.
- You can accept and complete the quest, "Herald of Dawn II," from the NPC, Merindora, to obtain an additional yellow title, [Herald of Dawn], when you have an Ornette's Spirit Essence processed with a Dawnwish Petal.
- You can accept and complete the quest, "Herald of Dusk II," from the NPC, Merindora,to obtain an additional yellow title, [Herald of Dusk], when you have an Odore's Spirit Essence processed with a Duskwish Petal.
- You can still accept the quest, "Ornette's Spirit Essence," when you either have all of the three items: Sherekhan's Panacea, Ron's Tintinnabulum, and Ash Halfmoon Kagtunak, or when you have an Ancient Greater Blessed Spirit Essence and the remaining Ancient material in your inventory.
* You can only proceed with and complete one of the two potion questlines, and not both "Ancient" and non-"Ancient" questlines.
● Adjusted the junk loot of monster zones in the following regions in Valencia.
- Changed the junk loot items dropped in these monster zones to new junk loot items. (The previous junk loot items still retain their sell price.)
- Changed the monsters zones to now have a 100% chance to drop one of the new junk loot items.
|Monster Zone||Junk Loot||Before||After|
|Desert Naga Temple||Desert Naga's Webfoot||1,750||12,700|
|Titium Valley||Desert Fogan's Helmet Shard||1,820||14,500|
|Bashim Base||Bashim Mane||1,925||14,800|
|Crescent Shrine||Token of Crescent||1,890||10,600|
|Cadry Ruins||Cadry's Token||2,100||15,700|
|Gahaz Bandit's Lair||Gahaz Seal||2,400||16,100|
|Waragon Nest||Stone Waragon Hide||3,150||10,000|
|Basilisk Den||Basilisk Scale||3,000||8,300|
|Roud Sulfur Mine||Sulfur Fragment||3,000||18,600|
|Pila Ku Jail||Warder's Token Piece||3,600||16,400|
* The amount of junk loot dropped from using Item Collection Increase Scrolls and/or Agris Fever Points are as follows:
- Item Collection Increase Scroll (Advanced) = x2
- Agris Fever = x2
- Item Collection Increase Scroll + Agris Fever (Completed Book of Margahan Chapter 5) = x3
- Item Collection Increase Scroll (Advanced) + Agris Fever (Completed Book of Margahan Chapter 5) = x3
- Decreased the drop rates of Scroll Written in Ancient Language and Caphras Stones when defeating normal monsters.
- Increased the drop rates of Scroll Written in Ancient Language and Caphras Stones when defeating rare monsters.
● Adjusted the items you could obtain from Calpheon and Mediah regions.
- The adjusted regions of each territory are as follows:
|Balenos & Serendia|
|Mask Owl's Forest
Bree Tree Ruins
Northern Wheat Plantation & Waragon Cave
Karanda Ridge, Mansha Forest
|Abandoned Iron Mine
Wandering Rogue Den
Sausan Garrison (excluding Shultz Guard)
|Ancient Ruins Excavation Site
Marni's 2nd Lab
Hasrah Ancient Ruins (excluding Kratuga Ancient Ruins)
|Item Type||Item Name|
|Gear||Loure's Lost Helmet, Loure's Lost Armor, Loure's Lost Gloves, Loure's Lost Shoes|
|Trade||Ancient Iron Coin, Ancient Bronze Coin, Ancient Silver Coin, Ancient Gold Coin, Giant Tribe Statue Fragment, Pure Sulfur Stone, Mane Fang Necklace, Broken Golem's Core, Intact Golem's Core, Cultist's Magic Sack, Soldier's Keepsake, etc.|
|Other||Melted Iron Shard, Melted Copper Shard, Melted Platinum Shard, Ancient Magic Crystal of Abundance - Armor, etc.|
- The same type of boxes will stack in 1 inventory slot.
|Bares, Yuria, Krea, Seleth, and Kalis main weapons of all classes, total of 85 item types||
Bares Main Weapon Box, Yuria Main Weapon Box, Krea Main Weapon Box,
|Offensive, Accuracy, Defensive, and Krea sub-weapons of all classes, total of 75 item types||
Offensive Sub-weapon Box, Accuracy Sub-weapon Box,
|Agerian, Zereth, Talis, Taritas, Grunil, Hercules' Might,
Heve's Strength, Fortuna's Luck defense gear of all armor slots, a total of 32 item types
Agerian Defense Gear Box, Zereth Defense Gear Box, Talis Defense Gear Box,
|Yuria, Bares, Hesus, Elisha, Kalis, Talis accessories of all accessory slots, total of 24 item types||
Reliable Adventurer's Necklace Box, Reliable Adventurer's Earring Box,
|Magical Crystals of Infinity, total of 46 item types||
Faintly Magical Crystal Box
* Magical Crystal of Infinity – Armor, Vigor, Swiftness, Adamantine, Assault, Valor, Durability, MP Recovery, Back Attack, Down Attack, Air Attack, Critical Hit, Speed Attack, Counter Attack, Siege, Melee Attack, Magic Attack, Ignore Knockback Resistance, Ignore Knockdown Resistance, Ignore Grapple Resistance, Ignore Stun Resistance
- You can obtain one of the item types of all classes according to a certain probability upon opening the aforementioned box. Also, you can only obtain gear and accessories that are not enhanced.
- Added the following Black Stone bundles that are obtainable by defeating monsters in the aforementioned regions.
|Item Name||Item Description|
Black Stone (Weapon) Bundle
|Open to obtain Black Stone (Weapon) x25-50 according to a set probability.|
Black Stone (Armor) Bundle
|Open to obtain Black Stone (Armor) x25-50 according to a set probability.|
(when destroying Altar Imp Prison, Bandit Treasure Wagon, Troll Protection Tower, Sausan Golden Wagon, Sausan Supply Chest)
Gold Bar 1G
● Added the Dead Tree Essence to be obtainable at a low chance when fluid collecting Loopy Trees and Moss Trees.
● Adjusted the upper limit price of the Dead Tree Essence to be higher by about 20% on the Central Market.
● Adjusted the upper limit price of the Spirit Perfume Elixir to be higher by 30% on the Central Market.
● Added an alchemical formula so that you can use a Purple Pink Flower, Yellow Flower, Sky Blue Flower, or Blue Flower in place of a Violet Flower, an essential material, to craft a Spirit Perfume Elixir.
● Reduced the time for a Violet Flower, Sky Blue Flower, Purple Pink Flower, Yellow Flower, and Blue Flower to re-appear after you gather.
● Added text to the [Event] Moonlight Shard item description regarding a low chance to obtain additional [Event] Moonlight Shards.
● Added an item description text to Talibre's Tear that explains how you can obtain the item and changed to display it on the Crafting Notes (F2).
● Added a function that allows you to turn the buff on/off by charging time with the Item Collection Increase Scroll.
- You can use this function by going to ESC (New) Menu -> Adventure (F5) -> Item Collection Increase Scroll (8) OR by pressing RMB on the Item Collection Increase Scroll.
* This function will later be updated so that it can be used via the Gamepad UI as well.
- You can adjust the placement of the Item Collection Increase Scroll UI by holding LMB and dragging the mouse.
- You can press RMB to close when the Item Collection Increase Scroll UI is deactivated.
- You can make the buttons for stage 0 (deactivated), stage 1, and stage 2 appear by pressing the Item Collection Increase Scroll UI. Also, the UI for the different stages will disappear when you press them again.
* You can set a hotkey for activating each stage. You can set this by pressing LMB on the button for each stage while holding ALT.
- You can charge time with an Item Collection Increase Scroll by pressing the Charge (+) button.
* The amount of time you can charge with each Item Collection Increase Scroll is as follows. You can also use an item with the "[Event]" tag.
* You can charge up to 10 hours (36,000 sec), and the buff will be applied to the entire Family.
|Item Collection Increase Scroll (30 min)||1,800 sec|
|Item Collection Increase Scroll (60 min)||3,600 sec|
|Item Collection Increase Scroll: Advanced (60 min)||7,200 sec|
- The following buffs will be applied for each stage of activation. You cannot switch stages for 5 minutes when activating/deactivating for each stage.
* The buff applied for each stage of activation and the time consumed are as follows:
|Deactivated||Charged time not consumed
|Stage 1 Activated||Charged time consumed
Item Drop Rate +100%
Item Drop Amount +50%
|Stage 2 Activated||Consumes double the charged time
Item Drop Rate +100%
Item Drop Amount +100%
● Added a function that enables you to instantly sell trade goods and items through any warehouse.
- The items that you can instantly sell through a warehouse are as follows:
* Items that you can sell for Silver
* Items that are not Pearl items
* Gear that is not enhanced
* However, when you use this function to sell items, the items that are sold will not be displayed on the list of repurchase items.
● Changed the following monsters to perform ranged attacks to keep you away when they chase after you during combat.
- However, the monsters of the same names in the Elvia Realm are not included.
|Orc Camp||Red Orc Wizard|
|Khuruto Habitat||Small Khuruto|
|Rhutum Outstation||Rhutum Elite Archer|
|Hexe Sanctuary||Skeleton Archer|
|Sausan Garrison||Sausan Cannoneer|
|Manes Hideout||Agile Mane|
|Abandoned Iron Mine||Red Orc Sentinel|
● Changed selectable quest rewards that offered SP & WP potions to now offer MP potions.
● Bartali Gold Bar, Lauren Family's Gold Bar, and Gold Bar from the Citizen Bank obtainable as quest rewards have all been changed to Gold Bar 10G (equal in value). All Ancient Coin types awarded from the main questline have also been changed to Gold Bar 10G rewards.
● Added energy potions as quest rewards throughout the Balenos to Mediah main questlines in order to ensure adventurers have enough energy to explore and learn knowledge in the vast world of Black Desert.
● Adjusted the amount of Beginner Black Stones that are obtainable from the simplified main questline to be comparable to the amount obtainable from the regular main questline.
|Beginner Black Stone (Weapon)||Complete Fughar's Memorandum - Chapter 7 (Reach Lv. 55) and get 610 stones||Complete Fughar's Memorandum - Chapter 7 (Reach Lv. 55) and get
|Beginner Black Stone (Armor)||Complete Fughar's Memorandum - Chapter 7 (Reach Lv. 55) and get 1,220 stones||Complete Fughar's Memorandum - Chapter 7 (Reach Lv. 55) and get 2,220 stones|
● Removed Beginner Black Stones as quest rewards from the following simplified main quests.
|[Special Growth] Fughar's Memorandum - Chapter 8 (Reach Lv. 56)
[Special Growth] Fughar's Memorandum - Chapter 9 (Reach Lv. 57)
[Special Growth] Fughar's Memorandum - Chapter 10 (Reach Lv. 58)
● Simplified the type of food items rewarded from the Balenos to Valencia main questlines to those that give Health EXP, such as Fluffy Milk Bread, Sesame Simit, and Simple Cron Meal.
● Improved the route for the "[Combat Promotion] Uncomfortable Sea Otter" quest, and changed its objectives as follows:
|Defeat the Helms
Defeat monsters at Abandoned Iron Mine
Defeat monsters at Elric Shrine
|Meet with [Node Manager] Narava Rakum in Sarma Outpost
Meet with [Chief] Adam Berney in Kusha
Defeat monsters at Elric Shrine
● Added "Porio's Combat Promotion" quests to be suggested by the Black Spirit only for characters who have already completed the Mediah main questline but haven't reached Lv. 56 yet.
- If you proceed with the "Porio's Combat Promotion" questline, you'll be able to obtain a large amount of Combat EXP to help your character reach Lv. 56.
● Changed some of the quest objectives in Deve's Encyclopedia Vol. 1 due to certain Gold Bar and Ancient Coin types becoming unobtainable.
- You can obtain coin items by defeating monsters on pirate islands (Kuit Islands).
|Deve's Encyclopedia Volume 1 Chapter 2||Obtain 4 types of coins||Obtain 2 types of coins|
|Deve's Encyclopedia Volume 1 Chapter 3||Obtain 5 types of Gold Bars||Obtain 4 types of Gold Bars|
● Changed the locations of Black Dragon Garzar and Weakened Black Dragons in Gahaz Bandit's Lair. Also, Gahaz Bandits have been relocated to a certain distance further away from the NPCs in the vicinity.
● Changed the quest acceptance requirement from Lv. 57 to Lv. 60 for “Invitation from I,” which is the preceding quest for the last stronghold of the Ancients, Atoraxxion main questline.
● Changed to move directly to the Karlis Parliament in Calpheon City from the Serendia Shrine upon completing a Calpheon main quest, “A Disaster Foretold.”
- You can continue the quest by talking to Herman Feresio at the Parliament.
● Changed the “[Horse Emblem] Seal of the Secret Guards,” a quest from which you can obtain a horse once per family while the main questline is in progress, to be unacceptable in Trent. Instead, you can proceed with “[Horse Emblem] Seal of the Secret Guards” when you’ve completed the Balenos main questline.
- You cannot accept "[Horse Emblem] Seal of the Secret Guards" if you have already completed it once.
- When the [Horse Emblem] Seal of the Secret Guards quest is already in progress in Trent, you can continue the quest.
● Fixed the Operation Plans in Biraghi Den so characters won't collide with them.
● Completed accepted quests that required the old loot items that were obtained in monster zones before the loot item changes.
● Improved the movements of the Desert Traveler who guides you to Ibellab Oasis during the Valencia Main Quest "[Valencia] Unchained Curiosity."
● Added the quest, "[Pet] Lauren's Fluffy," from which you can obtain a pet that can share your joys and sorrows throughout the long adventure.
- You can complete this quest once per family and must complete all of the quests in the Serendia main questline.
- Upon completion of this quest, you can obtain a Tier 1 pet, "Lauren's Fluffy."
- You can conveniently check this by opening Quest (O) and going to [ADV Support] Pets, Loyal Companions from the Suggested tab.
* You can proceed with the quest upon completion of the following Serendia crossroads main quests.
- [Crossroad] The Lamenting Head of the League of Merchants: The Eyewitness
- [Crossroad] Silence, We're Done Here!: Restless Days
- [Crossroad] Each of Their Reasons: The Securing of Safe Passage
- Beginning of a Journey: Edan's Party
▲ The pet, Lauren's Fluffy
● Fixed the issue where the dialog for obtaining knowledge would appear for the NPC Aliba even after the Altinova Gateway node would be revealed on the map.
● Improved the presentation of the quest, "On the Top of the Spire."
● Fixed the issue where the button for playing the cut scene during the quest, "[Awakening] Bree Tree Cave," would be displayed in duplicates.
● Changed the navigation guide needed to complete the quest, "Calpheon Shrine," to be more natural.
● Improved to steal required items at a higher chance during the following quests: "[Valencia] Afuaru's Hobby," "[Valencia] Memories of Eliza," "[Valencia] Rabam's Storage Key," and "[Valencia] The Same Method."
● Added more treasure chests placed throughout the main questlines from Velia to Calpheon.
● Decreased the number of Harpies you have to kill for the quest objective of the following quest: "Reclaiming the Ridge."
● Changed the pigeons in Glish to fly away when you approach them.
● Improved the quest, "[Valencia] Memories of Eliza," so that the same item cannot be stolen when you have a "Lake Jail Key" during the quest.
● Changed Tatar's dialogue during the "[Valencia] Memories of Eliza" quest to read more naturally.
● Changed the dialogue options for Annolisa Rosie in Calpheon and Neruda Shen in Altinova to display the 'How to Use the Gold Key' button for Lv. 60 or lower characters that have a Golden Key item.
● Added Traveler's Map x1 to the quest rewards for 'Purified Ritual.'
● Changed the quest objective for 'The Kingdom of Mediah' to the following:
|Speak with Prince Bareeds III||Use the Traveler's Map to speak with Prince Bareeds III|
● Added a guide about stealing in the quest summary of '[Valencia] Afuaru's Hobby' and made the quest objectives clearer.
● Fixed the level requirement written in the Quests (O) > Suggested tab > 'Invitation from I.'
● Changed the location of the Dark Portal when the Cyclops was summoned in the quest 'Retrieve the Sealing Stone.'
● Reduced the AP of Ronin by 25% in the quest '[Kamasylvia] Boss, Ronin' to make the fight easier.
Conquest War, Node War
● Changed the appearance of your maid/butler to be invisible in the following circumstances for a better Node/Conquest War play.
- When using (summoning) a maid/butler in the server where a Node/Conquest War is in progress.
- When a loading screen is displayed when using a guild skill such as resurrecting at a Node/Conquest War or Command to Gather in the server where a Node/Conquest War is in progress.
* You can still use the maid/butler function normally, although your maid/butler will be invisible.
● Changed an advanced Tier 1 node to not be displayed on the list of nodes that appear on the Node Information window on the World Map (M) UI. (Removed)
Background, NPC, Effects, Cutscene
● Changed Cheremio of Glish to move more naturally.
● Changed Jursin of Valencia City so her eyes are naturally displayed in Ultra graphics settings.
● Changed Freharau, chief of Glish village, so his facial skin tone is more visible at night, along with his permanent scar.
● Added a search function to the Music Album.
- A Search UI will appear on the bottom right when you go to ESC (New) Menu -> Community (F9) -> Music Album (1) to open the Music Album.
- When you use the function to search, only the music that include the searched word will appear on the Music Album.
● Extended the size of the area you can press so that it is easier to press the Exit button and the button for setting loot rules on the right-hand side of the Party window.
● Added a background image on the part where the title appears on the following guild feature UI.
Guild Mission Info
Set Guild Bonus
|Register Guild Emblem
Save Guild Intro
Declaration of War
Hire War Hero
● Changed to navigate to the location of the invited party/platoon member when you press RMB on the member.
● Made items with long names in mail automatically line break.
● Re-posted the previous banner about season server character creation.
● Added the clip showing Atoraxxion - Sycrakea to the login screen and loading screen.
● Changed the in-game logo of Black Desert.
● Changed the color of the (heart) icon depicting the number of likes for Announcement, Beauty Album, and Photo Gallery posts on the official website.
● Improved the UI for the Purchase Acoin > Select a method of payment page.
● Removed the button from the Parental Controls to remove a child. Please contact Support if you need to remove a child from your protection.
● Improved the user-friendliness of the sign-up page.
● Improved the sign-up button to now move you to the Pearl Abyss sign-up page.
● Changed the In Registration Queue list on the Web and Black Desert+ Central Market to display the 'Purchase' button to allow you to pre-order the items.
● Added an alert to be displayed when trying to re-list an item through the Web Central Market that is not in your Warehouse.
● Added an alert to be displayed when an attempt to list a grouped item through the Web Central Market fails.
● Changed the following terms in English:
- Luck Armor of Fortuna to Fortuna's Luck Armor.
- Strength Armor of Heve to Heve's Strength Armor.
- Armor of Hercules' Might to Hercules' Might Armor.
Modified or Changed
● Fixed the issue where the vegetation of the island near the Oquilla Coast would appear abnormal.
● Fixed the issue where your character could move to an abnormal location while using the Team Battle content.
● Fixed the issue where you couldn't properly Exchange Marni's Stone when the collected Marni's Stones in the Inventory (I) were located behind those that were not collected.
● Fixed the issue where some of the letter-like UIs that you can check by pressing RMB on your Inventory (I) would be abnormally proportioned.
● Fixed the issue where pressing the In Registration Queue category on the Central Market would have no effect when you had no items in the category.
● Fixed the issue where the item description wouldn't appear in the In Registration Queue category on the Central Market.
● Fixed the issue where using skills in certain parts of the Tooth Fairy Forest would cause the terrain to display abnormally.
● Fixed the way Yaz's camera moves while proceeding with the quests "Misty Foresight" and "The Essence of Water."
● Fixed the issue where the warehouse processing button wouldn't display in a city/town without a Central Market Director while having equipped the Venecil Dress or Karki Suit Outfit Set.
● Fixed the issue where resetting the Edit UI window in a Safe Zone would cause the Skill Guide to open.
● Fixed the issue where the sounds of other Adventurers playing a Mystic character were displayed louder than normal while using Black Spirit's training.
[Updates] [EAC] Update Details - September 16, 2021 [EAC] Update Details - September 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021 (UTC)
[Updates] Update Details - September 10, 2021 Update Details - September 10, 2021 (Last Updated: 9/11/2021 00:45 UTC) Sep 10, 2021 (UTC)
[Updates] Patch Notes - September 8, 2021 Patch Notes - September 8, 2021 Sep 8, 2021 (UTC)