Here are the latest update details for Black Desert Online on September 7, 2022 (Wed). Today’s patch contains 92 updates and is approximately 1.14 GB.
Table of Contents
- 1. Traveler's Horse
- 2. Events
- 3. New Additions and Improvements
- 3.1. Class Changes
- 3.2. Maehwa
- 3.3. Kunoichi
- 3.4. Ninja
- 3.5. Witch
- 3.6. Archer
- 3.7. Guardian
- 3.8. Sage
- 3.9. Drakania
- 3.10. Contents
- 3.11. Item
- 3.12. Monster
- 3.13. Quest & Knowledge
- 3.14. Node & Conquest War
- 3.15. NPC, Background, Sound
- 3.16. UI
- 3.17. System
- 3.18. Pearl Shop
- 3.19. Web
- 3.20. Translation
- 5. Recent Major Updates
● Traveler's Horse has the following skills:
- Start Accel, Sprint, Drift, Instant Accel (Skill Training 100%)
● Only one Traveler's Horse can be borrowed and no additional horse can be borrowed while another horse is taken out.
● Please note that Traveler's Horse will return to the nearest Stable after 5 minutes of being dismounted.
● The Traveler's Horse cannot equip horse gear, but it can still Sprint without a saddle.
● Traveler's Horse cannot use Stable Recovery / Remote Collection / Horse Market / Imperial Delivery / Sell function (but the Mount Information window can be checked).
● Traveler's Horse will return to a Stable when clicking on Disconnect, Character Selection, or Change Character.
● Looking to build more stacks? has started.
Get 2 [Event] Origin of Dark Hunger right now!
[Looking to build more stacks?]
● Fall is back in focus! has started.
Bring those fall colors to life!
[Fall is back in focus!]
● Autumn Festival · Can’t forget about Hot Time! has started.
24 Hour Hot Time!
[Autumn Festival · Can’t forget about Hot Time!]
● Autumn Festival · Special Loyalty Store Event has started.
Check out the amazing offers for just 100 Loyalties
[ Autumn Festival · Special Loyalty Store Event]
● Autumn Festival Login rewards has started.
Play each day and receive your bountiful harvest!
[Autumn Festival Login rewards]
New Additions and Improvements
● Improved so the character's appearance changes smoothly in the Skill Demo window.
● Frost Pillars
- Fixed the issue where combos weren't performed smoothly upon learning the Core version of the skill.
● Prime: Shadow Explosion
- Changed the damage penalties for multiple targets to now only apply in PvP.
- Improved to combo more smoothly into Shadow Clone.
● Kunai Stab
- Changed so Fatal Blow's damage will be applied to the skill damage, along with the following:
* Fatal Blow's attack damage and critical hit rate
* Fatal Blow's maximum number of targets
* Fatal Blow's Skill Add-ons (Skill no longer has Skill Add-ons)
- Improved to combo more smoothly into other skills.
● Prime: Shackles
- Changed the skill's motions, along with the following:
* Unified the skill's attack area to the widest area.
* Changed so the distance at which the skills attacks are applied has been narrowed so that all attacks are applied faster.
- Improved so you can press SHIFT + C in idle stance to activate the skill.
- Improved to combo more smoothly into Shadow Explosion and Shadow Clone.
- Improved to combo more smoothly after Prime: Ankle Cutter, Prime: Fox Claw, Prime: Shadow Explosion, or Prime: Shadow Clone.
- Added the Assassin's Mark effect to the following skills:
* Prime: Fox Claw (I to III)
* Prime: Shackles
● Ninjutsu: Block Jump
- Fixed so the "Please try again in a few moment" message no longer pops up after using the skill.
● Trembling Thunder
- Fixed the description regarding the Bound on hits effect.
● Breath of the Spirit
- Fixed the issue where pressing ↓ after using the skill with your greatbow to switch to Breath: Stun would apply Movement and Attack Speed reduction instead of the Stun debuff.
- Fixed the issue where pressing ↓ after using the skill while mounted to switch to Breath: Stun would apply Movement and Attack Speed reduction instead of the Stun debuff.
- Fixed the issue of the skill demo not playing.
● God Incinerator
- Fixed the issue of the AP Increase buff being applied slowly after comboing into Fireborne Rupture.
● Lightning Prison
- III: Fixed the description regarding the attack 1 damage.
● Prime: Dragon's Fury
- Fixed the skill description.
● Prime: Dragonborn Constitution and Ceaseless Vengeance - Fixed the skill descriptions.
● Storm Maul
- Improved attack 1 to now combo more smoothly into Doombringer.
- Improved attack 1 to now combo into Impale
- Added "Recover 40 WP on hits."
- Improved so the character attacks in the direction the camera is facing when comboing with another skill.
- Slightly increased the skill's attack speed.
- Improved so Legacy activates faster when using the following skills:
* Flow: Cloud's Strife, Flow: Extinction, Savage Decree (in Dragonblood) attack 2, Flow: Obliterate
● Dragonblood: Crackling Flame
- Changed "Stiffness on hits" to "Knockdown on hits."
● Flow: Dragon Flight
- Changed Stamina cost from 250 to 100 and consumes 150 Stamina (up to 450) when continuing the skill.
* With these changes, it will cost the same amount of Stamina as before to travel the maximum distance with the skill, but will cost less Stamina if you stop before you hit the max distance.
● Dragonblood: Tip of the Scale
- Slightly increased attack 2's attack area.
● Dragonblood: Storm Piercer
- Slightly increased the attack areas of attacks 1 and 3.
● Flow: Obliterate
- Improved to now combo more smoothly into Doombringer.
● Hexeblood: Tip of the Scale
- Changed attack 3 to activate faster when continuing the skill.
● Hexeblood: Tectonic Slam
- Fixed so the skill activates when comboing into Doombringer during the Core version of the skill in Hexeblood.
● Dragonblood: Savage Decree
- Improved so your character will now combo in the same direction as the camera.
● Improved the following skill motions to activate more smoothly:
- Dragonblood: Spiteful Soul
- Dragonblood: Tectonic Slam
- Dragonblood: Crackling Flame
- Dragonblood: Tip of the Scale
- Dragonblood: Storm Piercer
● Legacy: Fixed the issue of the skill not activating after switching to your trion.
● Applied the following improvements to Arena of Solare.
- Fixed the issue where your character would fall through certain structures in the Ruins of Tzol.
- Fixed the issue where player hits weren't registering in certain terrain of the Jade Starlight Forest.
- Slightly moved the Black Sun team's starting position to the center of the hill at the Jade Starlight Forest battlefield.
- Changed so your party won't be disbanded even after leaving your Practice Mode match.
- Fixed the issue where only the three most recent matches were appearing in the Arena of Solare Rankings window.
● Extended the following events to Sep 21, 2022 (Wed):
- It’s Time to Push the Limit for a +230 Stack
- Vanquish the Aberrant Dark Rifts
- Patrigio’s Night Market Madness
● Extended certain items obtained from the Sand Castle Crashers event to be exchangeable until Sept 21, 2022 (Wed) maintenance.
- [Event] Otter's Surf Die, [Event] Papu's Turf Die, [Event] Sweet n' Sour Strawberry Banana Sherbet, [Event] Sweet n' Savory Starfish Sherbet, [Event] Terrmian Special Coin
● Added the following items to the item list that can be automatically used via Radiant Fairy's Continuous Care.
Exotic Herbal Wine
Spirit Essence of Wind
Spirit Essence of Earth
Spirit Essence of Water
Boiled Bird Eggs
Seafood Mushroom Salad
Seafood Grilled with Butter
[Battlefield] Giant's Draught
[Battlefield] Perfume of Courage
- Applies to: Advice of Valks (+100) Box, Advice of Valks (+90) Box, Advice of Valks (+80) Box, Advice of Valks (+70) Box, Advice of Valks (+60) Box, Advice of Valks (+50) Box, Advice of Valks (+40) Box, Advice of Valks (+30) Box, Advice of Valks (+20) Box.
● Changed Old Moon Combat Seal, Old Moon Life Seal, and Essence of Fury to [Guild] Old Moon Combat Seal, [Guild] Old Moon Life Seal, and [Guild] Essence of Fury, respectively.
● Added text to the [Event] Essence of Limits description that you can purchase [Event] Essence of Devouring from the arms dealer Alfredo in Velia.
● Changed the following transformation scrolls so that you cannot attack but be struck by other Adventurers while transformed.
- [Crasher] Fierce Pine Blader Transformation Scroll, [Crasher] Noble Sea Urchin Shaman Transformation Scroll, [Crasher] Holy Date Priest Transformation Scroll, [Crasher] Solitary Conch Blader Transformation Scroll, [Crasher] Dreaded Scales Shaman Transformation Scroll, [Crasher] Aloof Sea Cucumber Priest Transformation Scroll
● Changed the following transformation scrolls so you cannot recover health while transformed.
- [Crasher] Holy Date Priest Transformation Scroll, [Crasher] Aloof Sea Cucumber Priest Transformation Scroll
● Applied the following changes to better discern the "Enraged, Denial, Resolve" statues in Gyfin Rhasia Temple Underground.
- Improved the statues by adding special patterns so you can identify the nature of each statue before they become awakened.
- Changed the icon of the buff that can be obtained after defeating Enraged, Denial, or Resolve statues.
- Changed the icon of the Lost Civilization's Ruin buff that can be obtained after defeating the Butcher of Gyfin Rhasia.
● Fixed the issue of Incarnation of Corruption monster not spawning again sometimes after it disappears.
● Fixed the issue of a specific monster of [Elvia] Quint Hill spawning in a weird spot.
Quest & Knowledge
- However, no more than 2 players of the same party can proceed with the quest.
● Improved the quest requirement for "Abelin's Secret Fishing."
Abelin in Velia says there's no better way to test the performance of a fishing rod than by comparing it to any other rod in action. Equip any fishing rod of your choice and catch some rare fish.
* Before: Equip Terrmian Fishing Rod. After: Equip any of the following +0 to +10 enhanced fishing rods.
Thick Fishing Rod
Old Fishing Rod
Steel Fishing Rod
Golden Fishing Rod
Triple-Float Fishing Rod
Balenos Fishing Rod
Epheria Fishing Rod
Calpheon Fishing Rod
Mediah Fishing Rod
Terrmian Fishing Rod
● Changed quest requirement for "[Sights of Mediah] Traces Left Behind in the Castle," to the following:
- Before: Summon the Black Spirit (/) to accept the quest and complete it by having consecutive conversations.
- After: Accept the quest through the Black Spirit (/) then complete the quest by resummoning it.
● Fixed the issue where "The Jovial Dwarf," a quest unavailable for certain characters, would remain unaccepted in the Quest window.
● Fixed so the knowledge image for "Chimera" and "Horn" items match the actual monster's appearance.
Node & Conquest War
● Improved the [Combat] Trina Demolition Axe available during Node/Conquest Wars as follows.
- [Combat] Trina Demolition Axe attacks are now more effective against Annex buildings, Medium/Large Siege Towers, and Cannons.
- You can now sprint and move faster with the Trina Demolition Axe equipped.
- The LMB and RMB attack motion with the Trina Demolition Axe equipped has been changed along with its damage, as follows.
* [LMB] to attack 3 times, max 1 hit each.
* [RMB] to attack 2 times, max 4 hits each.
* [Q] changed to now grant Forward Guard.
* Added a forward smashing motion by pressing [RMB] while sprinting with your axe.
● Added a new skill to Big Hwachas available in 3 to 4 Tier Node Wars and Conquest Wars.
- You can now rapidly fire arrows over a large area four times.
* This will consume 4 Big Hwacha arrows.
- The cooldown lasts for approx. 10 seconds.
● Improved the Dark Contract: Trolls and Ogres available during Conquest Wars as follows.
- Dark Contract: Troll's stomps now apply the Knockback debuff on attack 1 hits.
- Dark Contract: Ogre's jump attacks now deal 10% more damage against Adventurers.
- Dark Contract: Ogre's last charge attacks now deal 10% more damage against Adventurers.
● Fixed the issue where the tooltip that appears when hovering your mouse over a Node in the World Map (M) would display overlapping text regarding War Days and War Heroes.
● Fixed the issue where you could see the number of constructed forts in the World Map (M) territory info window even after a Conquest War had concluded.
● Fixed the issue where reconnecting after applying a guild name color change would reset the applied settings.
NPC, Background, Sound
● Decreased the overall number of rabbits scattered in Drieghan.
● Improved some lines of NPC Rao in the Blood Wolf Settlement.
● Fixed the issue of the screen being too bright for a specific effect during the prologue.
● Fixed the issue of the character moving where you couldn't pass in Gyfin Rhasia Temple Underground.
- Added new buff icons and tooltip descriptions.
|Changed and improved Buff Icons|
Combat & Skill EXP 530% Scroll (60 min)
Combat & Skill EXP 530% Scroll (180 min)
Combat & Skill EXP 300% Scroll (60 min)
Blessed Message Scroll (120 min)
Book of Combat
Book of Life
AP, DP, EXP buffs purchased with Silver
"Conqueror's Might" buffs from completing bonus quests
● Improved so that description regarding Contribution Lv. / Points displays the same in My Information.
- Improved so the Destination list shows 10 destinations in the Sent tab.
- Improved so Transportation list shows at once in the Sent tab.
- You can press this button to turn the auto-use Sprint feature ON/OFF while using auto-navigation.
- The following UI is displayed when auto-using Sprint during auto-navigation:
● Added a button to hide Maids/Butlers from your residence.
● Improved the inventory to now display a detailed message when you aren't able to move certain items from their current inventory slot.
- The notification will appear in instances when using Processing (L), the Pet UI, the Auto Arrange function in your Inventory, etc.
● Fixed items exclusively available to New and Returning Adventurers to now display the time remaining of their status as New/Returning Adventurers instead of the sales availability of the item.
● Fixed items with permanent discounts to no longer display other information regarding the period of the sale.
● Fixed the issue where the IP Security function wouldn't toggle properly while using the OTP settings.
● Fixed the issue where certain Steam users couldn't integrate their accounts with their Pearl Abyss ID.
● Improved the page UI for accounts that haven't passed 15 days since requesting for deletion.
● Changed Steam accounts with registered emails to now proceed with email verification when deleting their account.
● Fixed the issue where Adventurer's Board links from in-game with "#" in the URL wouldn't work.
● Improved the layout of Class Introduction pages in mobile view.
● Improved the Community page UI.
● Fixed the issue where certain category text appeared cut off in the launcher.
● Increased the readability of the News, Adventurer's Guide, Update History, and Community post pages.
● Changed Pearl Abyss profile pic to default profile when the profile pic is not a Black Desert character.
● Changed and unified the following terms in English:
- Box of 1 Advice of Valks (+n) → Advice of Valks (+n) Box
● Changed and unified the following terms in French:
- Mémoires d'automne → Souvenirs d'automne
- Souvenirs de l'été → Souvenirs d'été
- Aide de voyage → Aide au voyage
- La fête continue →> Les festivités continuent
- La fête commence → Les festivités commencent
- Corgi, Corgi gallois → Corgi
- [Balenos] Surprise totale / Pris de panique → Panique totale
Modified or Changed
● [Lahn] Fixed the issue where the chest in your character's hands appeared awkward during the Cheer social action.
● [Shai] Fixed the issue where your character's neck appeared abnormal when equipping the Hop Hop Troupe Helmet.
● [Corsair, Drakania] Fixed the issue where other Adventurers equipped with the Sun's Resolve outfit appeared abnormal.
● [Drakania] Changed the length of the Sun's Resolve outfit's cape.
● Fixed the issue where the Season Pass banner text appeared awkward.
Recent Major Updates
To help newer or returning Adventurers keep up with the latest updates, we've compiled a list of some of our recent major ones. Check them out below!
♣ For Progression-minded Adventurers:
|Monster Zone UI Revamp||Where's the best monster zone suited to my stats?
Look no further than the Menu (ESC) - Adventure (F5) and click "Monster Zone Info"!
|Artifacts and Lightstones||Artifacts and Lightstones were added!
They will greatly aid you in your adventures!
|Ornette and Odore's Spirit Essence Improvements||The fabled infinite potions of Ornett and Odore now have newly-added extra steps and weekly quests to hasten the process.|
|Guaranteed PEN (V) Boss Gear Questline||Speak to Jetina to begin a reforming questline to obtain your very own set of PEN (V) boss gear, guaranteed!|
|PEN (V) Accessory Questline||Complete daily quests to gather materials to complete your very own accessory at the highest enhancement grade possible.|
★ For Combat-focused Adventurers:
|Elvia Calpheon||The corruption of Hadum has reached Saunil Camp, Rhutum Outstation, Gehaku Plain, Hexe Sanctuary, and Quint Hill of Calpheon.
You can obtain materials for the Godr-Ayed weapon and reforming alchemy stones from here.
|Marni's Realm - Private Monster Zones||Your very own monster zone with no other Adventurers to duel!
Subjugate monsters to your heart's content in Marni's Realm.
|Tier 5 Pets||Alpha pets are finally here! Train Tier 4 pets to Tier 5 and appoint them as the alpha to increase the looting speed of all active pets.|
♥ For Amusement-seeking Adventurers:
|Liana's Tool Bag||Pickaxe, Hoe, Butcher Knife, Fluid Collector, and other Gathering tools can be stored in this amazing tool bag and used with ease.|
[Updates] Patch Notes - September 28, 2022 Guild Boss & Node/Conquest War Vendor Improvements Sep 28, 2022 (UTC)
[Updates] Patch Notes - September 21, 2022 New Mythical Arduanatt Appearance & Training/Life Content Improvements Sep 21, 2022 (UTC)
[Updates] Patch Notes - August 31, 2022 Aakman Temple & Hystria Ruins Marni's Realm Update Aug 31, 2022 (UTC)
[Updates] [Black Desert+] Update Details - August 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022 (UTC)
- [Maintenance] December 7 (Wed) Maintenance Dec 5, 2022 (UTC)
- [Updates] [Black Desert+] Update Details - December 5, 2022 Dec 5, 2022 (UTC)
- [GM Notes] GM Blog - Summerfiesta Memories - Week 3 Dec 3, 2022 (UTC)
- [Notices] Accounts Restricted for Violating the Operational Policy/Terms of Service (December 2, 2022) Dec 2, 2022 (UTC)