In order to ensure stronger privacy and security settings for our Adventurers’ accounts, we provide multiple security solutions here at Black Desert.
You can protect your account with solutions such as password changes, OTP setting, and PC registration.
The first and foremost security solution is to regularly change your password.
Using the same password for multiple websites can greatly jeopardize your security. All it takes is one leak to leave all your accounts vulnerable.
Therefore, it never hurts to make it a habit to regularly change your password.
Here is how to change your password:
- 1. Login to the official website and go to My Page.
Find [Account Security Center] in the left menu bar and click [Change Password], or click [Change Password] on the right.
- 2. On the [Change Password] page, enter your current password and the new password to complete the process.
OTP (One Time Password) is a temporary password that constantly resets. Using this on top of the regular password each time you log in strengthens the account’s security.
Accounts that use OTP are far more secure than those that do not.
Once you setup OTP, you will be asked to enter the OTP every time you login.
Although it will take an extra step to login, we highly recommend using OTP to protect your account.
Black Desert’s OTP service is provided by Google OTP application (Google Authenticator), and is completely free.
Here is how to set up your OTP service.
- 1. Login to the official website and go to My Page → [Account Security Center] → [OTP Settings].
- 2. Sign up for OTP service on the [OTP Settings] page.
- 3. Or security, login once again.
- 4. Carefully read the conditions and details of the service and then click [Sign up for OTP].
- 5. Download the authentication application from either the App Store or Google Play Store, according to your mobile phone’s OS.
- 6. Run the authentication application and scan the QR code below, or enter the key on the right.
- 7. Enter the verification code in the text field below.
- 8. After signing up for OTP, you will be given 10 backup codes as shown below.
These 10 backup codes can be entered instead of your OTP or used to disable OTP settings if you do not have access to your authentication app due to the loss or malfunction of your mobile phone. However, please keep in mind that each backup code can only be used once.
We highly recommend that you save these backup codes separately from your devices by printing or writing them out.
9. Your OTP service has now been successfully set up. From now on, you will be generated a new OTP on the authenticator app every time you login to the game or on our official website.
* If you do not have access to your OTP, you can log in with a backup code provided when you initially signed up for OTP. Click the “Cannot enter an OTP verification code” button to enter your backup code.
Save the backup codes as you will be the only person who can access them. It will be difficult to provide support if you lose the codes, so please keep them secure.
Adventurers who are using OTP can check the current backup codes, generate new codes, or disable OTP settings by going to the OTP Settings page after logging in to our official website.
* The contents of the guide may differ from the actual in-game content due to updates and changes.