Black Desert will begin in a moment.

Install the Black Desert Launcher if the game doesn't start.

Install the Black Desert Launcher to start the game.

The launcher will appear if it's installed.
If it doesn't, try to run your downloaded launcher.

Install Guide

1 Run BlackDesert_Installer_NAEU.exe to install the Black Desert launcher.

2 Start the game once installation is complete.

Forums

UTC 21 : 50 Jul 24, 2024
CEST 23 : 50 Jul 24, 2024
PDT 14 : 50 Jul 24, 2024
EDT 17 : 50 Jul 24, 2024
Please consider removing the unique red battlefield damage reduction modifiers based on remaining HP now that we have the big new overall DR changes implemented
Jun 19, 2024, 18:33 (UTC)
1825 7
Last Edit : Jun 20, 2024, 18:49 (UTC)
# 1

Family Name: Veltas
Region (NA/EU): NA
Suggestions/Comments: Players in Red Battlefield gain extra damage reduction as their HP decreases. That change happened a long time ago and makes RBF a unique place where players are tankier than they are in other parts of the game. Additionally, there are also effects on a player's defensive stats when they stand in or around a point they are defending in the Valencia City map.   

Because significant rebalance changes have occurred with DR/eva with this week's latest patch, please reconsider the health-based damage reduction effects present in red battlefield which make players tankier than normal. It is compounding on top of the rest of the changes and I'd be interested in seeing a "clean slate" for RBF without it's unique modifiers.   

At the very least, consider turning it off for a temporary event and collecting participant feedback on how it would feel to change this. Whatever conditions/justifications applied when RBF DR was first implemented, surely the situation is different enough in today's BDO that this effect is worth reconsidering!  

Last Edit : Jun 20, 2024, 16:40 (UTC)
# 2

Just a note: because of the way that all players in RBF get more damage reduction as their HP lowers, combined with how a controlled point will reduce the defenses of the owners of that point if they are inside that point - these things plus the new DR changes allow for super huge 800+DR players to still kill the debuffed enemy players while safely living on the enemy team's home point. All it takes is the least bit of self-healing (and we know some classes have a lot of self-healing) and the result becomes pretty silly. 

I know players always have the option of running past the bothersome backline disrupters, but this seems to go beyond what we're used to, and the core issue seems to be the way the unique RBF DR effects (both buff and debuff) work/synergize right now. So why not try a while with those effects removed and see, what is the worst that could happen?

Last Edit : Jun 20, 2024, 22:09 (UTC)
# 3

I agree. I don't like having to decide between getting kills or getting farmed playing the objective. You should natural get kills by playing the objective. Right now you are disincentivized to claim the point, since it just means you will have to fight at a severe disadvantage. 

If PA watches anyone playing RBF, they'll notice people farming opposing team home points but not claiming, as well as fighting in certain spaces outside the influence of the area of -DP effect for an actual half decent fight. If I remember correctly, the -DP effect was implemented due to steamrolls. If you insist on keeping it, remove it from the home points please. 

Last Edit : Jun 21, 2024, 18:51 (UTC)
# 4

a controlled point SHOULD NOT reduce the defenses of the owners of that point if they are inside that point, the intended purpose was to make it easier for the other team to capture back points so the mode last longer but that is not the case, it's the other team abuse this mechanics by go into the enemy spawn points and fights people who have the debuff.

Lv Private
PootyPoot
Last Edit : Jun 21, 2024, 19:06 (UTC)
# 5

Since the DR buff base camping became so ridiculous, it was before but now its just insane.

Especially the Blue/Black team has a very tough spawn where they are funneled into a very small choke point whre all of the other teams wait to farm them. And right at the point where you get teleportet after leaving the spawn zone unkillable valks are ready to annoy you.

Even the alternative fast route to point 2 is not available anymore, not shure who thought that was a good idea.

So since the DR changes pushing away a base camp became even harder.

And yeah because of the wierd % damage reduction for low HP we see Succ nova with 2% hp tank 3 people forever.

Last Edit : Jun 25, 2024, 19:01 (UTC)
# 6

It's been a few days (or depending on perspective - a few years...) but I still feel strongly about this suggestion. While my original post specifically focuses on the DR% based on remaining HP, the other rules mentioned like DR-debuffs at your own controlled points, or the HP gained for being behind in points - these features should bear reconsideration, too! 

I know PA intended for many of the quirks in RBF to help mitigate one-sides stomps or to somehow help people of varying gear-levels still contribute to an RBF match, but I don't think these unique rules in RBF have truly helped with these goals and I think now is as good a time as any to be more open to experimentation and trying other options. 

With multiple RBF instances available (8 separate valencia cities!), you could even start by just removing the unique rules from a single RBF instance and collecting feedback from people trying that. 

Last Edit : Jun 25, 2024, 22:53 (UTC)
# 7

Would be nice if they did any of these rbf changes (ngl the decor honestly ranks 1 for me)

- Make the immediate areas around both players spawns give the opposing team a -30% Dr and Eva strip. Spawn camping is now gone.

- The closest point to your spawn should never dp strip you for owning it.

- Remove dr bonuses like veltas said.

- The dp strip you get for being on a point you own should be changed based on time the point was captured. (Say if you've owned that point for 2-3 minutes it will heavily strip you while if you just took it you dont get immediately penalized) This removes the strat of letting people capture something real quick to just blow them up.

- Bring back letting us do gear swaps (nobody even notices this "gear balanced" teams system. and more often than not one team gets camped out anyways.

- I'm literally on my hands and knees begging you to get rid of some of the decor, like banners, market stands, and flag poles that everyone gets stuck on or has their camera shoved into their characters if they get pushed up against it.

0 8
Lv 65
Vaoo

Feedback

Share your feedback and suggestions to help us develop Black Desert.

last
Search results will display posts in increments of 10,000.

We use cookies, with your consent, to customize content and advertising.
More information