On January 27th, Pearl Abyss took its first steps to self-publish Black Desert Online with the start of pre-registration for transferring Black Desert Online accounts.
Unfortunately, there have been issues during this step of the process, and we would like to keep you informed about the current status of these issues to ensure your transfer is as seamless as possible.
■ Encountered an error message stating “Please try again later” and inability to receive the verification email when trying to sign up for a Pearl Abyss accounts.
- Although a hotfix was applied to resolve this issue on January 27th (Wed) 23:27 (UTC), certain Adventurers were still experiencing problems, so an additional hotfix was applied on January 28th (Thu) 15:15 (UTC).
* Please send a ticket to [Support] with a detailed description and screenshots if you are still encountering this issue after the fix on Jan 28th, (Thu), 15:15 (UTC)
■ Character's server was being displayed incorrectly after pre-registering for account transfer.
- Character server locations were displayed incorrectly on the character server location page after Adventurers pre-registered for account transfer.
- The issue was resolved on January 27th, (Wed), 18:03 (UTC)
* Adventurers who pre-registered for account transfer that experienced this issue can rest assured that the incorrect server location was a visual bug. The transfer will be safely completed on the correct server.
■ Unable to choose a nickname for the Pearl Abyss account due to a portion of the nickname being in the banned word list.
- This issue was resolved on Jan 27th, (Wed), 19:03 (UTC)
* Adventurers can now use any nickname without limitations other than duplicate nicknames.
* Inability to choose a nickname due to character length limitations will be fixed in the future.
■ A “Please try again later” message appears when attempting to sign up with OpenID while using a password that does not satisfy the security requirements.
- A “Please try again later” message appears when a user attempts to sign up through OpenID (Facebook, Google or Twitter) with a password that does not satisfy security requirements (10-16 characters, uppercase and lowercase letters, a number, a usable symbol).
- As of Feb 1st, (Mon), 05:30 (UTC) fix, the webpage will now prompt the user to adjust their password if the security requirements have not been met when signing up with OpenID.
* For Adventurers who were not able to sign up through OpenID due to the issue above, please try to re-sign up on the Pearl Abyss website.
* If you attempt to sign up through OpenID with a password that does not satisfy security requirements, an “Incorrect Password” message will now be shown under the password entry. If this message is showing, please re-enter a password that follows password security requirements.
■ A pop-up message prompting the player to pre-register for transfer is displayed when attempting to claim Special Login rewards despite having already completed the transfer.
- When checking the Attendance page for Special Login rewards, a pop-up message saying to proceed with transfer is displayed and players are unable to receive the rewards. The +1 AP/DP buff UI icon is also not being displayed. In this case, you can change channels or characters to receive the rewards. Please rest assured that your account will be safely transferred despite experiencing the Special Login reward issues listed above.
- Check out details regarding this issue in the following link [[Known Issues] Account Transfer Registration].
■ Unable to receive a verification code email after pre-registering for account transfer from Kakao Games website.
- This issue has been partially resolved; if you have been previously unable to receive the Authentication Code required for Step 4, please try again. A further fix will be applied during the maintenance of Feb 3 - if the issue remains unresolved for you after maintenance, contact the [Black Desert Kakao Games Customer Service].
■ How can I change the “Name” I entered when signing up for a Pearl Abyss account?
- The name you entered when signing up for a Pearl Abyss account is a nickname. You do not need to put your real name.
- You will be able to change your account name at a later date when the function has been added.
- You can change your forum display name at any time through My Page → Account Information → Profile.
■ How can I change my info if I entered the wrong date of birth or country when signing up for a Pearl Abyss account?
- Please send us a ticket via [Support] if you entered the wrong date of birth or country when signing up for a Pearl Abyss account.
■ I cannot login with the email that I used to sign up for a Pearl Abyss account!
I cannot login with the email I used to sign up the Pearl Abyss account!
- Does your email include uppercase letters? If so, you will be able to login by changing all uppercase letters to lowercase.
-This will be fixed in the future and you will be able to login without case sensitivity issues.
-Did you sign up through OpenID? If you have created your account through OpenID but you would like to login with your email account, you can login with the email you entered in the Additional Information section.
-Adventurers who signed up for a Pearl Abyss account using OpenID can easily login with SNS ID on the bottom of the login page.
-The Additional Information that you entered during the OpenID sign-up process will be available to check in My Page section.
Please send a ticket to [Support] with a detailed description and screenshots if you are having issues related to the transfer not mentioned in the notice above.
Please understand that we are working diligently to identify and resolve these issues as quickly and safely as possible.
[Notices] [Completed] February 4th (Thu.) Pearl Abyss Account Website Maintenance Notice February 4th (Thu.) Pearl Abyss Account Website Maintenance Notice Feb 3, 2021 (UTC)
[Notices] Applying for a Region Change Selecting the incorrect region may restrict your access. (Last updated : 2021-02-03 17:00 UTC) Feb 2, 2021 (UTC)
[Notices] Email Verification Reset Email Verification Reset Jan 28, 2021 (UTC)
[Notices] [Completed] January 28th (Thu) Pearl Abyss Account Website Maintenance Notice January 28th (Thu) Pearl Abyss Account Website Maintenance Notice Jan 28, 2021 (UTC)