The event was intended to help Adventurers select a class after the reboot, but the positive response went beyond our expectations as many of you expressed your enthusiasm at being able to try out an array of new classes.
The item copy function was first released in September of 2020, with the intent to allow our Adventurers to dabble in other classes in addition to whichever class they had chosen to main. The MMORPG genre requires significant investment in a single class, and we sought to alleviate that element of constraint with the item copy function. We also hoped this would make Black Desert's unique and varied classes more approachable.
The item copy function served its role well and this event eliminated the burden of payment required to use this function. With the barrier to entry removed, all Adventurers had the opportunity to benefit from it, and we are glad it received such an enthusiastic response.
Although the event has drawn to a close, we are planning to lower the barrier of entry to the item copy function, while maintaining careful consideration for its impact on the in-game economy, including the use of Silver, which we know is of concern to our Adventurers.
Thank you for your sincere enjoyment of this event and we hope you look forward to greater access to this content in the future.
Here are the latest update details for Black Desert Online on February 16, 2022 (Wed). Today’s patch contains 113 updates and is approximately 752.47 MB.
Table of Contents
- 1. Events
- 2. New and Improvements
- 2.1. Character
- 2.2. Warrior
- 2.3. Ranger
- 2.4. Sorceress
- 2.5. Berserker
- 2.6. Musa
- 2.7. Kunoichi
- 2.8. Ninja
- 2.9. Wizard, Witch
- 2.10. Wizard
- 2.11. Witch
- 2.12. Striker
- 2.13. Mystic
- 2.14. Lahn
- 2.15. Shai
- 2.16. Guardian
- 2.17. Hashashin
- 2.18. Contents
- 2.19. Item
- 2.20. Quest, Knowledge
- 2.21. UI
- 2.22. System
- 2.23. Web
- 4. Recent Major Updates
● BDO Café Contest event has started.
- February 16, 2022 (Wed) - March 2, 2022 (Tue) 23:59 (UTC)
We have just returned from a long arduous adventure and are looking to quench our thirst with something truly magnificent. To do so, we’ve put together a contest to find the best Black Desert Online themed beverage!
- February 16, 2022 (Wed) - March 2, 2022 (Wed) 23:59 (UTC)Share your most memorable stories, moments, updates, or events that you've experienced during your Black Desert adventure!
[Traces of Memories]
- February 16, 2022 (Wed) after maintenance - March 9, 2022 (Wed) before maintenanceIn celebration of the upcoming 6th Anniversary of Black Desert, there will be EXP and Item Drop Rate buffs during the entire event!
[Black Spirit Buffs (6th Anniversary Edition)]
- February 17, 2022 (Thu) 00:00 - February 23, 2022 (Wed) 23:59 (UTC)
Bring the [Event] Jetina's Golden Seals to NPC Jetina and exchange them for special items.
[Jetina's Golden Seals]
New and Improvements
● Added three new skills that can only be used during Node/Conquest Wars.
- So, including the pre-existing skills that can only be used in Node/Conquest Wars (Yianaros's Light/Pilgrim's Steps/Knight's Defense), you will be able to learn one of six skills.
- Once you learn one of these skills, you will not be able to learn the other 5 skills.
- These skills can be learned by using the items [Secret Book] Guild Tactics I to V. The books can be obtained by exchanging Resplendent Medal of Honor, which are rewards for Node/Conquest Wars.
Yianaros' Veil (I to V)
|Magic Evasion Rate
+1% to 5%
Pilgrim's Blessing (I to V)
|Ranged Evasion Rate
+1% to 5%
Knight's Code (I to V)
|Melee Evasion Rate
+1% to 5%
● Fixed the issue where you gained the Invincible effect if you were struck while equipped with certain items such as [Combat] Trina Demolition Axe, fishing rods, and Garnier Guitar.
● Absolute: Spinning Slash - Fixed the issue where damage was not applied when the skill was continued but Attack 2 activated Black Spirit: Spinning Slash.
● Core: Solar Flare - Fixed the issue where the distance travelled decreased when the skill was learned.
● Spirit's Shackles - Fixed the issue where the skill failed to activate when used during S-block with a kamasylven sword.
● Prime: Abyssal Flame - Fixed the issue where Fragment of Darkness were not recovered when comboing into other skills quickly while the skill was on cooldown.
● Soul Harvest, Wings of the Crow - Improved the camera effects applied during these skills.
● Prime: Unstoppable Beast - Fixed the issue where you couldn't lock the skill.
● Succession: Weakling Hunt - Fixed the issue where using the skill during Beast Form would display the cooldown for Absolute: Weakling Hunt.
● Succession: Weakling Hunt - Fixed the issue where the description regarding the All DP increase effect was incorrect.
● Lava Piercer (I to II) - Fixed the issue where you could use the skill via Quick Slot while casting it during Beast Form to activate Flow: Beastly Maneuver.
● Prime: Lava Piercer - Fixed the issue where the skill's non-Prime version wouldn't deal damage when activated with feral movement while the skill wasn't learned.
● Below the Belt, Crust Crusher - Fixed the issue where Core: Spinner's damage and defense effects wouldn't be applied when comboed into after these skills.
● Prime: Ninjutsu Commence - Fixed the description regarding Succession: Ghost Step to match the actual effect.
● Sura Katana Training - Fixed the issue where the description displayed the Attack Speed increase effect.
● Prime: Multiple Magic Arrows - Fixed the issue where the Skill Add-on effect wouldn't activate when the skill was used at max range, even if it hit a target.
● Elemental Flow - Improved the effect to be applied more easily when comboing with skills that use directional key inputs.
● Prime: Earth's Response: Flow - Improved to now apply the Elemental Flow effect when comboed into other skills during cooldown.
● Prime: Earth's Response: Flow, Prime: Earth's Response: Destruction - Added a Magic DP -15 for 10 sec effect on hits.
● Prime: Voltaic Pulse - Changed the Critical Hit Rate buff for PvE only.
- Critical Hit Rate +50% (PvE only) → +100% (PvE only)
● Prime: Equilibrium Break - Changed the damage amount.
- Attack damage 1263% x 9 → 1390% x 9
● Prime: Equilibrium Break - Changed the Critical Hit Rate (PvE only) and Damage Reduction Rate (PvP only).
- Critical Hit Rate +50% (PvE only) → +100% (PvE only)
- Damage -57.4% (PvP only) → -61.3% (PvP only)
● Prime: Elemental Flow - Changed the skill description to match the actual effects of the skill and each of the elemental skill effects.
● Fixed the issue where skills that you couldn't learn would be displayed when you level up.
- Witch: Flow: Perfect Sign, Flow: Gorr Launch, Flow: Rage Tett
- Wizard: Flow: Arne's Stream, Flow: Fire Fist Marg, Flow: Fire Breath Marg
● Prime: Elemental Flow - Changed the skill description to match the actual effects of the skill and each of the elemental skill effects.
● Prime: Earthquake: Destruction - Changed attack 2 to be activated upon using Magical Evasion after performing attack 1.
● Prime: Multiple Magic Arrows - Fixed the issue where the skill add-on effects would not be applied even on hits when used in the max range.
● Prime: Elemental Flow - Changed the description on Magical Evasion to Succession: Magical Evasion.
● Added text to the descriptions of the following skills that explains how you can instantly activate the skill of the same element via commands.
- Burning Pulse, Luminous Touch, Freezing Gaze, Magnificent Steps
● Fissure Wave - Changed the description on the skill's damage to match the actual effects.
- Attack damage 923/1029/1137/1287% x 10 → 923/1029/1137/1287% x 1, Max 10 hits
● Improved the attacks of the following skills to be applied simultaneously:
- Lightning Blast, Detonative Flow
● Fixed the issue where attacks wouldn't be applied sometimes when rotating the camera angle during the following skills:
- Lightning Blast, Detonative Flow, Barrage of Lightning
● Perfect Sign - Fixed the issue where the skill add-on effects wouldn't be updated after Fissure Wave.
● Flash Step - Improved to now activate the non-Martial Spirit Shard version of the skill once the skill's cooldown ends for a Martial Spirit Shard version of the skill.
● Fallout - Fixed the issue where you couldn't activate the skill when used via Quick Slot.
● Gushing Waters - Improved to combo more smoothly into Hurricane Sweep.
● Flash Step - Improved to now activate the non-Martial Spirit Shard version of the skill once the skill's cooldown ends for a Martial Spirit Shard-used version of the skill.
● Wolf's Frenzy - Fixed the issue where the Invincible effect for the beginning part of the skill wasn't applied when used during Awakening.
● Thunder Pound (II to Absolute) - Fixed the issue where pressing the ↓ key while targeting enemies with the skill wouldn't apply the Forward Guard effect.
● Flow: Mass Destruction - Fixed the issue where you couldn't combo into the skill after Gushing Waters.
● Prime: Sea Burial - Fixed the issue where you couldn't combo into the skill during Flow: Mass Destruction.
● Flow: Mass Destruction - Fixed the issue where you could continue the skill by holding the C key when in Succession.
● Flailing Blades - Fixed the issue where the skill's 2nd attack would activate upon reusing the skill after comboing from certain skills during cooldown.
● Fixed the issue where the buff applied to the Shai would only last for 30 seconds if your character moved while using the following skills.
- "Shout to the Sky", "Sun, Moon, Stars", "Summer Rain", "Time to Shine!"
● Black Spirit: Infernal Nemesis - Fixed the issue where skill wouldn't hit if the target was located at a lower height than the caster.
● Prime: Avalanche Strike I - Fixed the issue where certain skills couldn't be activated during Guard after learning this skill.
● Savage Hack - Fixed the issue where the skill would combo from its 1st and not 2nd attack when used after a lateral Fierce Disdain.
● Constriction - Fixed the issue where the skill's grapple area was larger than intended under certain circumstances.
● Changed Tagged Characters to now be able to use Imperial Delivery (packaged Cooking/Medicine Box delivery).
- You can hand in packaged Cooking/Medicine Boxes to an [Imperial Delivery] NPC located in each city.
However, unlike its defense gear iteration, Narchillan weapons would be converted into weapons suitable to the class of the character who opened the weapon box, thus making it difficult for Adventurers to use the weapons on other characters in their Family.
With this update, we added recipes and relevant items to convert Narchillan weapons back to their former box state so that Adventurers can easily move and use these weapons on classes they are not so well-versed in. Items required for the conversion process can be purchased from blacksmiths located in each of the major cities and towns.
We hope that many of our new Adventurers will be able to try playing with a variety of different classes.
- You can use Manufacture (L) with the following recipes to obtain Narchillan weapon boxes.
|Use Manufacture (L) with Narchillan main weapon x1 + Narchillan Processing Stone (Main Weapon) x1||Narchillan Main Weapon Box|
|Use Manufacture (L) with Narchillan sub-weapon x1 + Narchillan Processing Stone (Sub-weapon) x1||Narchillan Sub-weapon Box|
|Use Manufacture (L) with Narchillan awakening weapon x1 +Narchillan Processing Stone (Awakening Weapon) x1||Narchillan Awakening Weapon Box|
- Once you've completed at least one of the Narchillan Main, Sub-, and/or Awakening Weapon exchange quests, a new dialog option will be available through Fughar - "[Help] Exchanging Narchillan Weapons."
● Adjusted the item drops for Kamasylvia and Drieghan territories.
- The following monster zones are affected.
|Drieghan||Sherekhan Necropolis, Blood Wolf Settlement, Tshira Ruins|
- The following items that drop from the aforementioned monster zones have been reworked to drop in loot box form.
All 32 Yuria and Bares weapon items
Yuria Main Weapon Box, Bares Main Weapon Box
|[Sherekhan Necropolis, Blood Wolf Settlement, Tshira Ruins]
All 4 Haladie, Shamshir, Florang, and Vitclari weapon items
Seleth Main Weapon Box, Kalis Main Weapon Box
* The boxes above will stack in one inventory slot.
* Opening one of the boxes above will grant you one random class item.
* Gear obtained from the boxes above will not be enhanced.
- You can also obtain the following Black Stone Bundles as loot.
Black Stone (Weapon) Bundle
|Open to obtain Black Stone (Weapon) x25-50 according to a set probability.|
Black Stone (Armor) Bundle
|Open to obtain Black Stone (Armor) x25-50 according to a set probability.|
● Updated the loot tables in the Item Drop Information UI for the reworked Kamasylvia and Drieghan territories.
- You can find the Item Drop Information UI under the Adventure category in the ESC (New) Menu.
- You can obtain this title after completing the "Nouvermon" quest by talking to the Guest of the Mountain of Eternal Winter with both the Nouverikant Armor and Helmet equipped.
- If you've already completed the "Nouvermon" quest, talk (W) to the Black Spirit (/) to obtain the title.
● Separated [Maehwa] Order of the Apricot Gloves from the [Maehwa] Order of the Apricot Armor.
- Added [Maehwa] Order of the Apricot Gloves to the outfit boxes that contain the [Maehwa] Order of the Apricot Armor.
* Adventurers who had the [Maehwa] Order of the Apricot Armor in their possession will find the [Maehwa] Order of the Apricot Gloves in their storage in Heidel.
● Improved the icons of the following Blackstar gear.
- Blackstar Longsword, Longbow, Amulet, Axe, Shortsword, Dagger, Staff, Kriegsmesser, Gauntlet, Crescent Pendulum, Crossbow, Florang, Battle Axe
● Improved the Guild Managers in Kamasylvia, Drieghan, and O'dyllita to now exchange Resplendent Medal of Honor for items.
- Kamasylvia: Shilink
- Drieghan: Baima
- O'dyllita: Olympia
● Improved the following items to now be storable in your Family Inventory.
- [Event] Scroll of the Glorious Battlefield, [Event] Tender Braised Short Ribs, GM's Blessing 1-3
● Removed the alert window so you will immediately obtain the items when opening Black Stone (Weapon/Armor) Bundles.
● Improved the Flame of Despair's item description and added a RMB to Navigate to NPC function.
● Added to the descriptions of PEN (V) Boss Gear items obtained via the Guaranteed PEN (V) questline that having lower than 0 Karma will negate the item effects. (This does not apply to the final PEN (V) Boss Gear.)
● Improved the item descriptions for GM's Blessing 1-3 to state unstackable buffs more clearly.
● Improved the Navigate function of the Crystal of Unstable Darkness to be more accurate.
● Added text to Naru gear item descriptions regarding how to convert PEN (V) Naru gear into PRI (I) Tuvala gear.
● Added text to Inverted Energy's item description regarding Processing information.
● Added text to Combat & Skill EXP 530% Scroll item descriptions regarding how their buffs do not stack with Combat & Skill EXP 300% Scrolls.
● Added text to Canon awakening weapon item descriptions regarding how to exchange them for Narchillan awakening weapons.
● Added text to Fence item descriptions regarding which NPCs rent out/retrieve Fences.
● Improved the item descriptions for Cooking and Alchemy Repair Tools to be more clear regarding how to obtain the items.
● Changed the quest NPC for [Daily] Chaos From Below and [Daily] True Rest to now be the Scholar located in Gyfin Rhasia Temple Underground.
- You will find the Scholar standing near the [Node Manager] Gyfin Rhasia Ruins, which you can navigate to by clicking RMB on the Gyfin Rhasia Temple node.
● Added quests to obtain [Manor] Flondor Jukebox, [Manor] Flondor Stage, [Manor] Flondor Dais, [Manor] Flondor Three-tiered Starry Risers, [Manor] Flondor Three-tiered Foliage Risers, and [Manor] Flondor Blessed Chair furniture items.
- These quests require your character to have the "Wings of Florchestra" title obtained by collecting all Florchestra instruments, as well as having completed the [Manor] A Father's Heart quest.
- Adventurers who have fulfilled the above conditions can accept these furniture quests for the manor from Stella in Florin.
|[Manor] Flondor Jukebox||[Manor] Letter from Alejandro Farm|
|[Manor] Flondor Stage||[Manor] Letter from Port Epheria|
|[Manor] Flondor Dais||[Manor] Letter from Duvencrune|
|[Manor] Flondor Three-tiered Starry Risers||[Manor] Letter from Grándiha|
|[Manor] Flondor Three-tiered Foliage Risers||[Manor] Letter from Altinova|
|[Manor] Flondor Blessed Chair||[Manor] Letter from Calpheon|
- Once you complete all six quests, you can exchange 150 Energy for each furniture design from Stella.
- The designs can be used at a Level 5 Furniture Workshop to craft the Flondor furniture items.
● Added a Navigate dialog option to [Guide] Doroter's Coffin during the Combine Ancient Figures quest to recover Pieces of Sherekhans' Slate of Wisdom or the combined Ancient Chenga Sherekhan's Slate quest items.
● Changed the quest "A Foreigner's Tantrum" so you add more spices instead of sand as the quest objective.
● Changed the quest "[Kamasylvia] A Poacher's Suggestion" to have you obtain Friella's Mouse by examining boxes nearby instead of stealing it from her.
● Changed Igor Bartali's Adventure Log Volume 10 to state the correct objective of "Defeat the Skeleton Kings from the Cartian Spell 10 times."
● Changed the quest "Marni's Suspicious Device" to now appear in the Suggested quest tab.
- This is a Family quest for characters Lv. 56 or higher.
● Changed the quests "Journey into a Bigger World #1-4" to now state "(from gear only)" in the quest objectives.
● Changed the Disconnect window's background image to display the rebooted Ninja.
● Changed the Guild Base Server selection UI to display one list of servers.
● Added text to the Guild Base Server selection UI informing of a 30 day wait period to change base servers.
● Added an alert message to display when attempting to use a Pure Black Stone, Devil's Draught, Mermaid's Tear, or Breath of All Creations.
● Improved the buff icons for Pure Black Stone, Devil's Draught, and Mermaid's Tear.
● Added information regarding the amount of time consumed when attempting to breed in the Stable's Breeding Market.
● Added a feature that allows you to use Reward and Reward for Repeated Completion on Black Spirit's Adventure window in Gamepad UI mode.
● Improved the Reward UI on the Black Spirit's Adventure window.
● Removed the following text from the info regarding Calpheon territory on the World Map (M):
- "Exception: Mirumok Ruins, Gyfin Rhasia Temple" (Added)
● Carried out the optimization of the database dealing with the item obtaining process.
● Improved the Music Album's to no longer scroll up to the top of the song list after pressing the "Back" button while viewing a song's details.
● Changed the Photo Gallery's Popular Photos tab to display "Recent" and "1 Year" posts as default.
● Changed to return to the page you initially accessed upon completion of logging in and signing up on the Black Desert official website.
● Fixed the issue where the guild names would differ when searching certain guilds on the Guild page.
● Changed the Best tag icon on the Forums page.
● Fixed the issue where the background of the "Replies" description on the album-type forums of Adventurer's Board would appear abnormal.
● Changed to now be able to search Family and Character names that have underscores in them from the Adventurer page.
● Added a button that allows you to move between the Adventurer Profile and Community Activities pages.
● Fixed the issue where you would move to the main page when clicking the GM icon on posts and list of posts.
● Added a function that allows you to check whether you move to the website appropriate for the connected IP when connecting to the Black Desert website of a region that does not match the connected IP.
Modified or Changed
● Fixed the issue where certain parts of the character and outfits appeared abnormal when [Witch] Navillera Armor was equipped.
● Fixed the issue where the appearance of your awakening weapon would not be displayed during the idle animation in Awakening when wearing the [Dark Knight] La Orzeca Outfit.
● Fixed the following areas where the background appeared abnormal:
- Syca's Throat, Heidel Guild house
● Fixed the issue where dying from Lahtron in Sycrakea on normal difficulty would sometimes break your crystals.
● Fixed the issue where the key guide on the lower portion of the screen would move upon entering the Character Creation screen after having adjusted the Interface size for Gamepad UI mode.
● Fixed the issue where there still would be unaccepted quests on the Quests (O) window after completing the "[The Great Expedition] Crow's Nest" questline with your Corsair.
● Fixed the issue where a Crossroads quest you didn't select from the Quests (O) -> Main Quest -> "Hero of Calpheon" category would be displayed.
● Fixed the issue where an unnatural message would be displayed when entering Market List on the Worker Exchange in Gamepad UI mode.
● Fixed the issue where the text would appear abnormal when attempting to extract Caphras Stones in certain situations.
● Fixed the issue where you couldn't scroll the screen properly when the Interface Scale would be smaller than a certain size in Gamepad UI mode.
● Fixed the issue where you couldn't see Marni's Research Box on the list of items on the Item Drop Information for Bashim Base.
● Fixed the issue where the [Shai] Twinkle Star Clothes appeared abnormal.
● Fixed the issue where equipping certain Shai gear then toggling to display the Helmet outfit would make the outfit be displayed without the dyes applied.
● Fixed the issue where the client would crash when there's an obstacle nearby when installing a Drill using the "[Guild] Drill Assembly Set."
● Fixed the issue where Gyfin Rhasia Decimator, which should spawn every 10 min at the Gyfin Rhasia Temple (Underground), spawned later than intended.
● Fixed the issue where certain motions of the Butcher of Gyfin Rhasia at the Gyfin Rhasia Temple (Underground) would appear abnormal. (Added)
Recent Major Updates
To help newer or returning Adventurers keep up with the latest updates, we’ve compiled a list of some of our recent major ones. Check them out below!
♣ For Progression-minded Adventurers:
★ For Combat-focused Adventurers:
♥ For Amusement-seeking Adventurers:
|New Minigame Yar!
A new card game that anyone can enjoy has been added! Play against NPCs and other Adventurers in the new minigame, Yar!
* For more information on our latest updates, please refer to Black Desert's [Update History].
[Updates] Patch Notes - February 23, 2022 Gathering/Hunting silver income buff & Mastery increase improvements Feb 23, 2022 (UTC)
[Updates] Update Details - February 17, 2022 Update Details - February 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022 (UTC)
[Updates] Web Update Details - February 15, 2022 Web Update Details - February 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022 (UTC)
[Updates] Update Details - February 11, 2022 Update Details - February 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022 (UTC)